shotguns and motorcycle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sturgell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, due to expensive prices of gas, and long distances between my house and good shooting areas, is there a legal way to transport longguns on a motorcycle. I have my ccw, but was just curious.

I used to ride a few miles to my rifle hunting spot carrying a Browning A-Bolt across my back. I was in the country though:hithead:

I have entertained the idea of rigging up a leather scabbard to attach to my front forks but it hasn't made it into the planning stages yet.

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe if you don't have your CCL you must have the gun unloaded and not concealed. However, if you do have a CCL you can have it broken down and stuffed in a backpack or something or could even keep it loaded (minus one in the chamber) and in a scabbard or something. If you're just carrying it for practice, I probably wouldn't recommend carrying it loaded (minus one in the chamber) if you're trying to carry it on your back or any place that's not fully secured. The "across the back" method would worry me in case of an accident. Falling on that might cause some serious damage. Probably your best bet would be to look into either a case that attaches to the bike that's big enough to break the gun down into, or a scabbard if you don't want to break the gun down.

Just my thoughts.

climbtothebeet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
thanks for the replys guys,
as far as bartlesville sportsmans club goes.... its a organization filled with highschool type drama. dont really like it. My mom and dad are members, ill shoot with them from time to time.

jandreski

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe if you don't have your CCL you must have the gun unloaded and not concealed. However, if you do have a CCL you can have it broken down and stuffed in a backpack or something or could even keep it loaded (minus one in the chamber) and in a scabbard or something. If you're just carrying it for practice, I probably wouldn't recommend carrying it loaded (minus one in the chamber) if you're trying to carry it on your back or any place that's not fully secured. The "across the back" method would worry me in case of an accident. Falling on that might cause some serious damage. Probably your best bet would be to look into either a case that attaches to the bike that's big enough to break the gun down into, or a scabbard if you don't want to break the gun down.

Just my thoughts.

what page and paragraph did you get this information on the SDA just wondering, i dont recall being able to carry a shotgun loaded with minus one in the chamber. Hopefully sir you are right but i dont think so ill look it up but i have yet to find it. pm if anyone knows the answer

Latest posts

Top Bottom