Springfield Armory 1911s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Save some money and buy a Rock Island and send it off to be tuned. The quality of SA 1911 is questionable. I sent a 9mm to Ol Yeller and he sent it back to SA because the slide was bent.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd be surprised if anyone here has the new 4" EMP, but what are the opinions of the standard EMP pistols?

I had two EMPs the 9mm and .40. They both ran perfectly. Think I had 500 through the 9 or more? at least that through the .40. Wished I hadn't sold the 9mm.

Last edited:

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only one I've owned is my Mil-Spec. It works fine, with the exception of one mag that wouldn't lock the slide back. Springfield replaced it with just a phone call. I can't compare it to a DW, but I've owned a couple Kimbers, and they had to find new homes.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had two EMPs the 9mm and .40. They both ran perfectly. Think I had 500 through the 9 or more? at least that through the .40. Wished I hadn't sold the 9mm.
Yeah, I remember you liking yours. What do you think about the 4" version? Are there any parts that would be a pain to acquire?

Big_Red_Truck

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought my loaded model years ago and it was used. I just use quality mags to avoid problems.

What I don't like about my springfield is the spot that has Brazil in it.

The EMP 4" they do look good

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd be surprised if anyone here has the new 4" EMP, but what are the opinions of the standard EMP pistols?
I have an EMP 4. I picked it up today. I like it better than the original EMP 9. The balance is a lot better, recoil is a tad less, byt the pin point tack driving accuracy is still there. I would have liked it better with night sights stock, but the fiber optic front with white three dot rear works. Magazines feel a lot better than the original EMP mags. I don't know what thats all about, but they feel more robust. 50 FMJ 115 GR Blazer Brass and 50 HPR JHP 115 GR and not a single hicup. Can't say that about the original emp9 I had. I love the accuracy. It is almost the same size as a standard commander 1911, just slimmer. The thin grips let you know you're holding a single stack pistol. The front strap "checkering" is an excellent addition. All in all a great shooter, I just don't know if its going to do it for CCW for me yet or not. Gotta get used to that thumb safety. I've been shooting striker fired too long...

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an EMP 4. I picked it up today. I like it better than the original EMP 9. The balance is a lot better, recoil is a tad less, byt the pin point tack driving accuracy is still there. I would have liked it better with night sights stock, but the fiber optic front with white three dot rear works. Magazines feel a lot better than the original EMP mags. I don't know what thats all about, but they feel more robust. 50 FMJ 115 GR Blazer Brass and 50 HPR JHP 115 GR and not a single hicup. Can't say that about the original emp9 I had. I love the accuracy. It is almost the same size as a standard commander 1911, just slimmer. The thin grips let you know you're holding a single stack pistol. The front strap "checkering" is an excellent addition. All in all a great shooter, I just don't know if its going to do it for CCW for me yet or not. Gotta get used to that thumb safety. I've been shooting striker fired too long...
Cool...thanks for the report.

Latest posts

Top Bottom