Springfield Armory GREAT for me!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carleb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A couple of years ago I bought a lightweight GI 1911 from Springfield. Fairly quick I determined the finish on the alloy frame was not right and it flaked off with just my thumbnail. I contacted Megan at Springfield and she said if they agreed the problem was their fault it would be covered under warranty. They paid shipping both ways and refinished the frame in an OD, which is different than the original but what I wanted, for absolutely no charge. I sent it on their dime on a Monday and the next Monday Megan called me and said it was ready to return. I had it Tuesday by noon. It looks great and I couldn't be anymore satisfied. Their treatment of me will greatly influence my future decisions in firearm purchases. They are really a true pleasure to work with. If customer service is high on your priority list then buy Springfield. I don't know how they could be any better.

I'll try to post pictures in a couple of days.

shortgrass

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've said for sometime now, If I were to buy a new, factory built, 1911 it would be a Springfield. Nice to see there are still some companies out there that aren't too big to care about customer service.

Preacher99

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had an issue with the finish on an early xd, sent it in, fixed and sent it right back. Springfield and S&W have excellent customer service. Never had to use glock, but heard it is great also.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
just traded an xd for a 1911 GI. great guns ata decent price.there will always be a sprinfield of some kind in my colooection.

Latest posts

Top Bottom