State of the union

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle78

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Much as I dislike the president, he's got some good ideas. The higher education costs is ridiculous, and only getting worse. We're affectively out pricing our education, and loosing people to other countrys with free education/higher standards of living. We can only do this for so long, and we're already behind the curve on a lot of things. My wife and I spend over 10k on child care for 1 kid yearly, and we're at the bottom rung of the middle class. The Republicans need to actually get stuff done, and not go tit for tat with the president. They can easily loose the next round of elections in 2016. Every one likes to blame the POTUS, but the ENTIRE Congress needs to share in the blame also.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What I thought was interesting is that most (not all, but most) of the policies he laid out were originally GOP ideas. He repackaged GOP ideas, and now the GOP is saying they are against the same ideas. Is it a trap?

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Much as I dislike the president, he's got some good ideas. The higher education costs is ridiculous, and only getting worse. We're affectively out pricing our education, and loosing people to other countrys with free education/higher standards of living. We can only do this for so long, and we're already behind the curve on a lot of things. My wife and I spend over 10k on child care for 1 kid yearly, and we're at the bottom rung of the middle class. The Republicans need to actually get stuff done, and not go tit for tat with the president. They can easily loose the next round of elections in 2016. Every one likes to blame the POTUS, but the ENTIRE Congress needs to share in the blame also.

He had some decent points...but not ideas. His ideas are more government intervention to "fix" things. The more they get their hands on things the more expensive and less practical they become.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Shhh....those issues don't exist if you are a Republican... **rolling eyeys**

One side has the poor in mind, one side has the above average income in mind, the guys in the mid-mid to high lower income brackets get bent over. It's almost easier to make no money than to make a little bit, and of course it's better to make a lot. School costs are absurd as well, and student loans suck. Don't get me started on child care...then health care....a high lower income or lower middle income family can easily spend their entire earnings on health care, child care, and a mortgage, leaving little to no room for even the basics.

carleb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't care how clever his little come back line was, the very idea that he spoke, out loud, about less campaigning just means he thinks everyone else is stupid! Either that, or he is actually a moron!

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This president has seemed to have just given away so much money back to the people than any president I can remember in my 27 years as a voter and a working tax paying adult.

Kyle78

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't care who's ideas was what. We've had NOTHING but petty fights in Congress/President for the last 4 years. They have accomplished nothing worth while, and done little to improve the daily life's of average American's. Special Interests are running the country, and BOTH sides are deep in their pockets. The Poor-Wealth Divide is the largest it has ever been, housing is next to impossible to get for lower income Americans, Child Care and Higher Education is out of reach for a large portion of the population. Wages are stagnate or going LOWER then the last decade, while every thing else is going UP. It's a unstable system we currently have, and it won't be able to continue at the current pace. The RED vs BLUE mentality needs to tone down also, We're never going to agree on on everything, but we have got to remember to compromise with each other. Otherwise we get into a current mess like this.

Latest posts

Top Bottom