Stressed! And need prayers from those who believe........

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cooljeff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well i promised i would post the results of my test. I received it today at 5:00pm and I missed the passing score by lousy points. Minimum required is 240 out of 300 and my overall was 237. I was shocked and angry, very angry. So mad that they couldn't have found the 3 points I needed to pass. 85% of the test is selected response, and 15 % is a constructed essay. The test site explains the essay is graded the same as everything else on the test, but is really unfair in my opinion because it is an opinion scenario essay. And there it is therefore subjective to grading, even though they claim it is not. But in the end, i just head to pray that God has it all in control and he has put me here for a reason. I will praise him in this storm....

cooljeff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well i promised i would post the results of my test. I received it today at 5:00pm and I missed the passing score by 3 lousy points. Minimum required is 240 out of 300 and my overall was 237. I was shocked and angry, very angry. So mad that they couldn't have found the 3 points I needed to pass. 85% of the test is selected response, and 15 % is a constructed essay. The test site explains the essay is graded the same as everything else on the test, but is really unfair in my opinion because it is an opinion scenario essay. And there it is therefore subjective to grading, even though they claim it is not. But in the end, i just head to pray that God has it all in control and he has put me here for a reason. I will praise him in this storm....

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi Jeff,

Man I was sure hoping things would go your way on it and missing it by 3 points is very frustrating. How long until you can retake it? I will continue praying for you on this.

Take care,

Alan

kirkmuck1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't loose faith brother. Now is the time your real test is beginning! I'll be praying for you now! Your right, God has put you in this place for a reason
and He won't disapoint. Just a speed bump on the road. Keep the faith and roll on.

cooljeff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
alank2 said:
Hi Jeff,

Man I was sure hoping things would go your way on it and missing it by 3 points is very frustrating. How long until you can retake it? I will continue praying for you on this.

Take care,

Alan

Hey Alan, I am scheduled to re take the test on July 21. I will get the test results back from that on the second day of school. I think more than anything I am just nervous that the principal that hired me for the new job will move in and give the position to someone else since I did not pass. I talked to someone in Administration and she told me that the principal can choose to keep me in the position until I get it all completed. So I ask everyone who has been praying for me to pray Gods favor in the job that was offered to me. I just pray that God will allow me to keep that position and just re take the test.

Also I am going to be studying non stop until my next test. I know from my test report the two weakest areas I need to develop. God is good, I will study tirelessly and he will reward my faithfulness in the end.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi Jeff,

Hey Alan, I am scheduled to re take the test on July 21. I will get the test results back from that on the second day of school. I think more than anything I am just nervous that the principal that hired me for the new job will move in and give the position to someone else since I did not pass. I talked to someone in Administration and she told me that the principal can choose to keep me in the position until I get it all completed.

That is good news. Missing it by only 3 points, you would think they would certainly want to give you an opportunity to get it passed.

So I ask everyone who has been praying for me to pray Gods favor in the job that was offered to me. I just pray that God will allow me to keep that position and just re take the test.

Will do!!

Also I am going to be studying non stop until my next test. I know from my test report the two weakest areas I need to develop. God is good, I will study tirelessly and he will reward my faithfulness in the end.

You will pass it brother!!!!

Take a break for a couple of days and de-stress!!

Take care,

Alan

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jeff, Alan said it all. I know you have a lot on your plate right now but remember it WILL pass and you WILL be a stronger man for it. Take a deep breath, say a quick prayer and take a step forward. Repeat. One step at a time my man ... one step at a time ...

I am praying for you and your entire family.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CoolJeff:

Ask your principal and even the Superintendent if they will give you a tempoary certification for 1 school year. Tell them you missed it by 3 points and will be taking the test again. If they agree, get it in writing.

Some school districts will do this, I had a friend in Texas this happened to and the District allowed the temp. certification. The principal mailed letters to the parents letting them know their child's teacher was working toward certification and had a teaching degree.

Are there any prep classes you can take to help raise your score? Call your University or look on line.

Never give up!!!

Cohiba

Latest posts

Top Bottom