Thanksgiving food sucks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who chose the traditional menu? Do people REALLY like all that stuff?

I don't like turkey
I don't like stuffing
I don't like sweet potato/yams
I don't like cranberry stuff
I don't like pumpkin pie

For real, how did THAT become "tradition".

Gimme a steak and mashed potatoes...I'm good.

I'm with you.

We ALWAYS go out. And ALWAYS to Cracker Barrel. Yuck. But Grumpy likes the food there.

This year we are going to Denney's. He is aghast! "What are you gonna do? Eat breakfast while I eat turkey and dressing??" (Read that in the most entitled, put out, condescending Karen voice you can muster in your head.🙄) "Why yes, yes, that is EXACTLY what I intend to do." 🤗

He is ... Well ... Aghast. Lol 🤗😁

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I cook Thanksgiving dinner. 90% of it anyway.
Fried turkey which is awesome. Injected with Cajun some years, Turkey cracklings’ are to die for. Other years, smoked turkey, no stuffing. (Can’t stand stuffing)
No cranberry after mom passed away. That was always her contribution that got thrown away after the dinner when she went home.
Mashed taters and my gravy that can take up to an hour to make early and reheated.
Garlic mashed taters, spicy green bean casserole with a hint of jalapeño, some sweet corn and it’s dinner time.
While slicing the turkey, wife takes biscuit dough cut in quarters to the deep fryer to make fry bread. No rolls for us.
Pecan pie with whipped cream for dessert.
When everyone is gone, the carcass is tossed into the soup pot with the scraps to make turkey stock and soup. Strain the bits from the juice to use later for soup and freeze the broth for making ham and beans/green beans and ham later. Depending on if Cajun or smoked, the broth is amazing to cook with vs the store bought stuff.
The soup is just like the chicken soup you buy in Mexican restaurants, but turkey with veggies, diced taters and some of the broth.
Looking forward to it.

crispy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love a good glazed ham on thanksgiving. And fried turkey is usually always good. But I’ve never been a huge turkey fan either. But I look forward to my moms dressing every year.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Black Bear Diner has an awesome open face turkey sandwich...

That is one of the most godawfullest I have ever had the displeasure of dining at. (I know my grammar sucks tonight.) And I've even let Grumpy talk me into it 3 or 4 times now. Every single time the service has been 🤔🤔🤔 Hmmmm ... "Lacking" ... And the food has been worse.

Truth be told I'd just as soon stay home and cook steaks on the grill but he won't have it. When we go out we go because that is what Grumpy wants to do. That said, he and I have VASTLY different tastes when it comes to "fine" dining.

There are several restaurants I haven't seen the inside of since I married the man because he doesn't like the food at them. Never mind there isn't a damned place on the planet you can't get a hamburger. 🤷 So ... I've gotten a little less accommodating as the years have gone by.

If I have to get in clothes -- unlike the kids I just cannot bring myself to go out in public in my PJs -- fix my hair, put on make-up and be around people I do not know and do not like, then I think I should be able to get breakfast at Denny's once or twice a year. 🤷

Latest posts

Top Bottom