The "Gimme Generation" - Warning! Rant ahead

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It's also unfortunate that some who can't pay are the elderly whose children have money but have forgotten who wiped their a**, fed, clothed, and sheltered them for years.

I agree. We should look out for the ones that looked out for us. I just have an issue with JB statment.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They do provide services for those that cannot pay, the way the system works everyone else has to pay more.

Yeah, but he's crying about it. Health care providers and insurance companies our out of control.

Patient: Doc, I have a headache
Doctor: Let's run a bunch of test.
Patient: I can't afford a bunch of test.
Doctor: Oh. Can you afford $12 for a Tylenol?
Patient: I guess.
Doctor: Here, take this $12 Tylenol and pay $80 on your way out the door.
Patient: $80?
Doctor: Yes, the last guy that had a headache didn't pay for the $5000 of testing we performed. Don't forget to pay on your way out the door.
Patient: $5000? What was wrong?
Doctor: He had a cold. Don't forget to pay on your way out the door.

Vamoose

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Obama will fix all of this. He'll fix the disparity between the haves and the have-nots, between the legal and the illegal, between the fat and the skinny, between those who have hair and those who are going bald.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Obama will fix all of this. He'll fix the disparity between the haves and the have-nots, between the legal and the illegal, between the fat and the skinny, between those who have hair and those who are going bald.
Its sad but True.....but why did ya hafta bring the..."going bald " thing in, cant we just ...quietly let that one alone.
WAIT did you say bamer was gonna fix it? HE!! YA IM VOTIN FOR BUMMER
.in jest

MDT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, but he's crying about it. Health care providers and insurance companies our out of control.

Patient: Doc, I have a headache
Doctor: Let's run a bunch of test.
Patient: I can't afford a bunch of test.
Doctor: Oh. Can you afford $12 for a Tylenol?
Patient: I guess.
Doctor: Here, take this $12 Tylenol and pay $80 on your way out the door.
Patient: $80?
Doctor: Yes, the last guy that had a headache didn't pay for the $5000 of testing we performed. Don't forget to pay on your way out the door.
Patient: $5000? What was wrong?
Doctor: He had a cold. Don't forget to pay on your way out the door.

pretty good, except there are some errors. we can't ask for payment or even about insurance before the patient has been seen, examined and have established that there is not an emergent situation. like the headache....yeah, it's probably just a cold, but.....what if it was a leaky aneurysm? and you go home and die? you documented that the patient didn't want all of the "expensive tests", and you did a physical exam that showed absolutely nothing discernible. but that doesn't stop your family from suing you. they call JB Books and he proceeds to sue you on their behalf....should have done all of the expensive tests.....

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
pretty good, except there are some errors. we can't ask for payment or even about insurance before the patient has been seen, examined and have established that there is not an emergent situation. like the headache....yeah, it's probably just a cold, but.....what if it was a leaky aneurysm? and you go home and die? you documented that the patient didn't want all of the "expensive tests", and you did a physical exam that showed absolutely nothing discernible. but that doesn't stop your family from suing you. they call JB Books and he proceeds to sue you on their behalf....should have done all of the expensive tests.....

So would some sort of Tort Reform reduce insurance costs by decreasing the need to practice defensive medicine? Sorry JB...I couldn't resist.....BAAHAAHAAA

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love the generations that feel superior because they are older and oh so much wiser. I'm.sure the generation before you said the same and so on. don't blame a generation that you say blames others.

individuals are just that...individuals.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
So would some sort of Tort Reform reduce insurance costs by decreasing the need to practice defensive medicine? Sorry JB...I couldn't resist.....BAAHAAHAAA

Ha ha. Except the even when tort reform is in place, the malpractice carriers do not reduce their premiums. A lot of docs got bamboozled by that line.

Latest posts

Top Bottom