To pee or not to pee?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WFT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Of all the things we worry about, we never worry about our BREATH. If I was a gambling man, I would bet that's the smell that animals smell more than anything. Even if you gargle and brush like a fanatic, in a short time it will smell bad to an animal.

bink98xcab

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Of all the things we worry about, we never worry about our BREATH. If I was a gambling man, I would bet that's the smell that animals smell more than anything. Even if you gargle and brush like a fanatic, in a short time it will smell bad to an animal.

nasty as it may seem. i dnt brush w/ paste if im hunting that day. i keep my distance from people when im not in the field though

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm gonna have to disagree with most of ya.
Yes, if your hunting around a septic lagoon, go ahead.
I've heard all of the "its sterile", "human scent goes away" and so on.
I don't know about you guys but when I pee at work in a urinal, I can smell whatever I had to eat or drink previously. Its that distinctive odor that the deer will notice to be foreign in their territory.
If I can smell it, then I know that a deers nose will be full of it.
It may not make that much difference at rifle ranges, but when bow hunting, I take every precaution.

The pees were way ahead, but I fear the worm has turned and the don't pees have the upper hand.

jmiller45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I pee when I feel the need unless I can hold it until
I'm done with my hunt. The smell may not scare the deer but I don't need anything else to ruin my chances! However if it is really cold outside, there nothing like a fresh warm bottle of pi$$ to make a nice hand warmer!

TerryD

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been looking at a few different forums, peeing and smoking in the stand forums. Alot of people say it doesnt bother them and some say it does. I have peed from my stand and I have smoked from my stand and still tag out every year. I try not to do these things as much as possible but sometimes you just can't help it. I also have had to put out my cigarrette to shoot a buck at 30 yards so I dont know that these things really bother them too much. This time of year I think they have other things on their minds.

Survivor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use a bottle for urine. If I have to take a dump I'll try to find a rabbit hole or skunk hole and go in it, then cover it with dirt and leaves. I'm sure the critter in the hole doesn't appreciate it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom