Weird FedEx Experience

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always tried to go back and retrieve the package and correctly deliver it so I could apologize for the trouble. That goes a long way toward keeping a customer.

It certainly would have in this case, rather than "they're gone for the day". Much like spending a couple of hours in a telephone store waiting for someone to help me then being told "we're closing, come back tomorrow".

Bierhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I despise FedEx. Almost every time I get something shipped fedex, their website says it's been delivered when it hasn't been. Then, the next day, the driver actually shows up with the package.

We live at the end of a private road with only 3 houses on it. It's really hard to deliver it to the wrong house without one of us knowing about it. What I've seen is the one big A** lie about the deliveries. Then, miraculously it shows up the next day after it was supposedly delivered already.

UPS, on the other hand, has never failed us. The driver knows each of us out here by name.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hate when they leave stuff in plane sight from the road. And don't knock to tell us the package has been delivered.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wont use FEDEX ever again. They always screw things up...in my case thats 100% of the times they have delivered to me. UPS comes to my house regularly and knows me by first name.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Contact Amazon and tell them the whole story. Politely demand a refund on the shipping since the package was not delivered to the correct address.
Yep; Amazon will almost always do something for you. IIRC, someone on here hasn't paid for Amazon Prime in a few years because every time UPS/FedEx/USPS screws up a delivery, Amazon comps them another month of Amazon Prime. I know they've done that for me once, and they've resent items with free overnight delivery when the original items got sent God knows where by the delivery service.

BTW, I've usually gotten better service out of FedEx than UPS, but it all depends on which driver you get. UPS has some really good drivers, but some of them are freaking brainless wonders. The one who has the route that includes my office won't come back if we call in a pick-up after he's delivered, and apparently all he does is ***** about his job while he's here.

Of course, if you really want it screwed up, use SmartPost. That's an oxymoron if ever there were one. Just this last weekend, UPS handed off a package to the USPS for delivery to my sister's place out in El Paso. USPS marked it as "delivery attempted, notice left." Except my sister said it was delivered. I guess they're OK at delivering, just not very good at pushing the right buttons in the tracking system...

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a good size box, about 30lbs, to ship ground. Didn't want FedEx so it was taken to the UPS store at 41st and Yale. So what does the UPS store do? They tendered it to FedEx. WTF Willis?

Latest posts

Top Bottom