Weird FedEx Experience

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had an Amazon order that I wanted to get delivered so ponied up for Saturday delivery, and they sent it FedEx Priority by 12:00 delivery.

Was waiting for it and a bit after 12:15 got the FedEx recorded "your package has been delivered" telephone notification.

Except it hadn't been.

Checked online tracking and it said "left on porch or at door".

Except it hadn't been.

Called FedEx ... left a report for "an agent or someone at the office to return my call within the next two hours."

A bit over two hours later, phone rings. Nice lady, but ...

"It was left on your porch or at your door."
"No, it wasn't."
"That's what the driver said."
"It's not here. I was waiting for it and no driver ever showed."
"It will be next week before we can find out. The driver's gone for the day."
"That's not a good enough answer."
"But the driver's gone for the day."
"By next week the package will have been found by someone wherever it was delivered, opened, lost, or any number of other things. If you can call the driver and ask where the package was delivered I'll go retrieve it myself."
"I'll try to get them." <click>

A few minutes later, call by a gentleman.
"Driver says it was left at <address - a few houses down and across the street>."
"I'll check and call you back."
"You'll have to go through the 800 number and get them to forward you to this office."
"I'll do that if I don't find it."

Went to the address they told me, and there it was leaning on the wall next to the front door Nobody appeared to be home so I retrieved it and brought it home.

Soooooo ... I keep thinking about this ... just how was it the driver remembered delivering a specific package to the wrong address? Was it done intentionally as a "lost package" scam (presumably to be "found" by a cohort)? Or is there some other possibility? Something about it just all seems a little too weird.

FedEx service has been getting worse and worse down here - they used to be my "go to" shipper, but any more I cringe when I find out something's being shipped via them.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had them do that and I called them on it, since I was home the whole time and they ended up admitting that they didn't deliver it anywhere. They just got tired and marked the rest of their packages as "delivered" and planned to deliver them later. What a joke! I hate Fedex.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am collecting such stories. My theory is that an alien intelligence of some sort is running FedEx, WalMart, and various airlines for the purpose of experimenting on humans to see their reaction to irritating and frustrating experiences.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since they couldn't manage to do their job correctly request a refund of the shipping costs. And fight them till the end, they are paid to do a job and if they can not manage to do it right they should not get paid for it.

I had a slight problem with the post office on something that was sent out one time. Sent to me via smartpost so FedEx handles it till it gets to town and the the USPS deals with the last mile. Anyway package shows up marked delivered, no knock at the door so look outside. Nothing there. Start looking around down the hall, at the office, even on top or around the mailboxes... Nothing. Print the tracking info and go to the post office, didn't know that you have to put a number in front of the FedEX number for the USPS to track but finally got it straight. Shows delivered in their system but there was no card left and they don't have it in the post office. A call to the carrier and it seems he couldn't be bothered with ACTUALLY delivering a package that day so he scanned it and left it in the truck. Got multiple apologies from the post office staff and a package retrieved and given to me. Had the shipping not been free I would have demanded a refund of the shipping costs.

Have had a few things come up missing due to a jackwagon doing their job wrong, I will hound the places till they make it write.

Reloading Rod

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Soooooo ... I keep thinking about this ... just how was it the driver remembered delivering a specific package to the wrong address? Was it done intentionally as a "lost package" scam (presumably to be "found" by a cohort)? Or is there some other possibility? Something about it just all seems a little too weird.

GPS Tracking in the scanner

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
meh. we've had a driver transpose numbers before when delivering and it winds up down the street (think 775 instead of 755). Happens with the USPS mail, as well.

a company i work for used to do $100K a year in shipping with fedex. Sometimes things went smoothly, other times it didn't. We had a great account manager, so that helped a lot when we did have issues.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

GPS Tracking in the scanner

Now this is what I was thinking. But if I ran FedEx and saw that 20 packages were scanned with the same GPS coordinates, I would be firing a driver. I get items shown as delivered in the town next to me, it is funny most of the times when this happens is on a Friday afternoon, you know Miller time.

Glad the OP got his package. Technically it never made it to his house. So even that could be a mess. I like how the driver could leave it at a house close to his but not the right house.

sleeperx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Although I work for UPS it happens. I wish I could say I never mis-delivered a package but I'm human.
I've done the exact same thing and when the office calls asking about it you replay it in your head. And then there is the "doh" slap yourself in the head moment. I always tried to go back and retrieve the package and correctly deliver it so I could apologize for the trouble. That goes a long way toward keeping a customer.

Last edited:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah that whole thing is fishy to me.

I remember a few years ago when FedEx was supposed to pick up some merchandise from me that was damaged (utterly destroyed) in shipment. It took me something like a month or more to get them to actually come back and pick the crap up, after multiple times of the driver being too lazy and marking the pickup as "attempted, no answer" when I was sitting at the house waiting for their sorry, POS, lazy good-for-nothing scumbag arse.

My thought was both laziness and embarrassment at having delivered this package in the first place. Well, two packages, which were totally destroyed and the large heavy 15" subwoofers inside obviously destroyed, as well. I'd be embarrassed as a shipper to stand on the doorstep and ask somebody to sign for those, as they looked like they'd been Tannerited. Unfortunately my wife signed for them, not knowing what else to do. It was a 3 month ordeal trying to get them refunded, which only happened after I called the seller out in public on a forum like this after both FedEx and PayPal denied my claim. Ridiculous. Honestly, the damage I can't fault FedEx for, as the packaging was almost non-existent, it was their horrible service at doing everything they could to avoid picking them up to send them back so a claim could be started that was the problem. One of the biggest runarounds I'd ever had.

Latest posts

Top Bottom