What Diesel Truck Would You Buy For $35k?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really? The tow rating on the F150 is not 14k lbs and to even get close to that amount you have a very specific model, not just any F150, and you are telling everyone you can pull it with a F150. That is exactly advocating pulling above the real factory tow rating of the vehicle.
The specs I read said 14,000 lb tow rating. Assuming thats correct - and I didnt spend a lot of time verifying it - then what I said would be safe to haul a "7000 lb implement with a 2000 lb trailer".
Why some of yall are twisting what I am saying I simply dont understand. To say a F-150 with the ecoboost is not a worthy tow vehicle for a 10,000 load isnt accurate. If in fact the tow rating is less than 14,000 then I would retract what I said.
I have plenty of real world experience towing long distances with loads of all sizes. And yes the 1 ton diesel is the cats pajamas for towing. Usually I would forget the load was there because you couldnt feel it.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
lol and I can remember back in 1985 or so when the half tone gas engine was used most often for towing as diesels werent available yet and a 1 ton gaser was too expensive to fuel. Things have come a long way.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is 1 specific model of 2018 F150 with a specific model of ecoboost that is rated to tow 13,200 lbs. Most 2018 F150 have substantially lower tow ratings that start at only 5,000 lbs.

Capture.JPG

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh good grief it is a phucking circus in here. I think you can find Pete with around a half million miles on it for pretty cheap if ya need a tow rig. Permanent tow mirrors you won't have to worry about folding out. Already comes with chrome stacks those cross town long haulers like to show off.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm thinking the 1/2 ton argument is losing this one
lol, what yall dont know is Zach has a toy skid steer and if it gets hauled 10 miles a month I would be surprised.
We troll each other sometimes too...
Anyway, he wants a diesel. A diesel is what he's gonna buy, hell he already has one.

Last edited:

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
The specs I read said 14,000 lb tow rating. Assuming thats correct - and I didnt spend a lot of time verifying it - then what I said would be safe to haul a "7000 lb implement with a 2000 lb trailer".
Why some of yall are twisting what I am saying I simply dont understand. To say a F-150 with the ecoboost is not a worthy tow vehicle for a 10,000 load isnt accurate. If in fact the tow rating is less than 14,000 then I would retract what I said.
I have plenty of real world experience towing long distances with loads of all sizes. And yes the 1 ton diesel is the cats pajamas for towing. Usually I would forget the load was there because you couldnt feel it.

LOL ,so you are 5 pages into this discussion and not even sure the specifications you gave are accurate!! Pretty silly!!:screwy:

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Bless your heat. It's just easier to concede than argue with jackasses like you that wanna make something from nothing.

This is priceless!! You argue unsubstantiated facts and then call me a jackass! Bless your heart, coming from you, is hilarious!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom