What Diesel Truck Would You Buy For $35k?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree that the Duramax is the hotrod of the 3 and from what I have read the cummins in factory form is the least peppy...but that doesn't really concern me. I am leaning towards the cummins but actively looking for a deal on any of them as I think they all would fit the bill.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree that the Duramax is the hotrod of the 3 and from what I have read the cummins in factory form is the least peppy...but that doesn't really concern me. I am leaning towards the cummins but actively looking for a deal on any of them as I think they all would fit the bill.
Without reading the whole dang thread, what about the rest of the truck are you wanting? Reason I ask is a friend bought a new F350 4X4 long bed without all the leather, bells and whistles for around your $35k mark. If you can live with cranking the windows up and down like we all used to and cloth seats you may get into a lot newer truck. Some Weathertech floor mats and camo seat covers aren't real expensive in the grand scheme of things. Leaves a lot of money left for aftermarket nav, head units, etc.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Without reading the whole dang thread, what about the rest of the truck are you wanting? Reason I ask is a friend bought a new F350 4X4 long bed without all the leather, bells and whistles for around your $35k mark. If you can live with cranking the windows up and down like we all used to and cloth seats you may get into a lot newer truck. Some Weathertech floor mats and camo seat covers aren't real expensive in the grand scheme of things. Leaves a lot of money left for aftermarket nav, head units, etc.
Im big on a nice interior so want the upgraded package with leather. I don't have to have long horn/king ranch but would like lariat/Laramie at least.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
It actually costs more to get manual windows and door locks lol. We buy state bid f550 XLs for fire purposes, and it costs extra for those items. County commissioners considered the electronic locks and windows an "unjustified expense" until we showed them the price sheet lol.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It actually costs more to get manual windows and door locks lol. We buy state bid f550 XLs for fire purposes, and it costs extra for those items. County commissioners considered the electronic locks and windows an "unjustified expense" until we showed them the price sheet lol.
Well this guy once was the fleet sales manager at an OKC dealer, so maybe he knew exactly what option codes to pick. He did order it, I probably should have mentioned that.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not a diesel tho right?

Slim Deal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Do you think the dealer might be sticking in you because he is selling to the County. After all at one time all 77 Oklahoma County Commissioners were guilty of accepting bribes and many other small time criminal enterprises. Then it might be that dealer is giving you the friend deal, wink wink.

Latest posts

Top Bottom