what do you do

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You've seen the bales of cardboard boxes behind WalMart and other stores. I turn about 1500 tons/day of those back into clean fiber for the paper machines to add to the virgin fiber. I work at the big paper mill at Valliant. So if you've ever wondered what a floatpurger or hydradenser or ultrasorter really are, just ask me. :)

BuckFuller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You've seen the bales of cardboard boxes behind WalMart and other stores. I turn about 1500 tons/day of those back into clean fiber for the paper machines to add to the virgin fiber. I work at the big paper mill at Valliant. So if you've ever wondered what a floatpurger or hydradenser or ultrasorter really are, just ask me. :)

Hey Pulp... I see you live in Valliant.... I am the person in charge of programming the Valliant phone bills each month. Small world....?

Last edited:

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am an architectural drafter. I worked in Dallas for about 15 years, but moved back to the OKC in January of last year. Now I work from home as a contract labor for the same company that I worked for in Dallas.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My generic duty title is server administrator, but my specific role now and for the last 12+ months has been on the implementation end of the spectrum. Building servers and configuring a software package that monitors not only every worldwide server for the DoD, Army, and Navy's (bringing on Air Force now and surely the Marines are soon to follow) BlackBerry 5 and 10 systems, but also the traffic between them all down to the very device.

Big_McLargehuge

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My generic duty title is server administrator, but my specific role now and for the last 12+ months has been on the implementation end of the spectrum. Building servers and configuring a software package that monitors not only every worldwide server for the DoD, Army, and Navy's (bringing on Air Force now and surely the Marines are soon to follow) BlackBerry 5 and 10 systems, but also the traffic between them all down to the very device.

Um, we might know each other.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Security systems installer, I do burg, cctv, access control, and fire systems.

I used to do this, too. Home automation, security, fire, and theater. Most fun I've ever had working. The only times I hated it were in the rare case it wasn't a brand new house and I was up in a 130 degree attic with short sleeves swimming in a sea of fiberglass insulation or it was a pre-wire for a boarded up frame and roof during the winter. Having a hollow house with no doors and windows creates a stupid Arctic wind tunnel. It really sucked considering how small some of the wires were. Messing with some of these could only be done with your bare hands due to their small gauge, so having popsicle fingers blew nuts pretty hardcore. Still, over all a damn blast of a job.

Latest posts

Top Bottom