What is this crud thats going around?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had this since last Thursday and it's not showing any signs of letting up. I have a Dr. Appt, but the earliest I could get in was this coming Friday.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It hammered my family on Thanksgiving...me, Father/Mother in law, sister in law, kids, cousins...all staying at my wife's uncle's place. His septic system is still recovering LOL. I'm just now starting to feel 'right'.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It hammered my family on Thanksgiving...me, Father/Mother in law, sister in law, kids, cousins...all staying at my wife's uncle's place. His septic system is still recovering LOL. I'm just now starting to feel 'right'.

So, you can now say you've "flushed" your system.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good Lord, you guys stay over "there" ...

Seriously though, I hope all you sickos get to feeling better soon!! There's nothing worse than being sick and it draggin' on and on and on ...

What about complaining about it, and describing the symptoms? :wink2: Speedy recoveries, folks!

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Will Tetracycaline (or however you spell it) help or is it too weak?

We have a bottle full of it laying around somewhere and I'd choke some down if it would help. I've got the sore throat, stuffy head, aches and pains blues.

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i coughed alot for 36 hrs , had honey, brandy, salt, robatusin, water, orange juce, honey & brandy worked best, was lucky to sleep a hour at a time. got some mucinex-dm it is a lot better.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Eating small chunks of ice have helped my throat the most so far. Then I have to hide under a blanket for a few hours cause i'm freezing.

Waltherfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hot tea with lemon and honey soothed my throat. At least temporarily. I got lucky that my taste of whatever is going around wasn't too bad. I try to hit a sauna within 8-12 hours of the first symptoms (sort of a self induced fever) and that seems to lessen the impact of whatever it is. Still took me a week to completely get rid of it but the only over the counter meds I used was vicks vaporub when I went to bed. Upped my fluid intake quite a bit too. I may have just got lucky too.
Almost forgot, I used my neti pot the first two days too. Sounds gross but seems to work.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom