What is this crud thats going around?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am telling you, rest is HUGE in overcoming sickness. Sleep at least 8hrs a night until its gone. Even if that means coming home from work, eating, and hitting the old dusty trail with no time for OSA.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am telling you, rest is HUGE in overcoming sickness. Sleep at least 8hrs a night until its gone. Even if that means coming home from work, eating, and hitting the old dusty trail with no time for OSA.

Can that even be done? Laying there in bed in the dark, fingers twitching over an imaginary keyboard, muttering "I must respond..."

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For u older guys info the mucinex DM has not messed with my prostrate. just about all deconjestants start
stopping urine flow then i have to quit taking them

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Make sure to thank your insurance company and lawmakers for that schedule your doctor has to keep.

Errr ... no offense but I am not sure I buy that. Some doctors are just that busy ... and some are just dullards ... but I will give you that dealing with insurance is a PITA ... I've been on the phone all afternoon with Employees Benefits Council and GlobalHealth. As God is my witness I have no idea how some people find their way to work in the mornings ...

GC and I had different doctors in the same practice. My doctor was hard to get into see and then you could expect a MINIMUM wait of 2 hours AFTER your scheduled appt. time before they carted you to the back. GC's doc has ALWAYS been punctual and is no problem to get into to see within a couple of days of calling. I decided to switch doctors only to have the office help tell me they didn't "allow" patients to move from one doctor to the other inside the practice.

I just went to GC's next appt. with him and asked that doc how to go about changing over and told her why. She kinda snickered and said "Yeah, he's a real sweet guy and he knows his stuff but he moves at his own pace. Here let me send an e-mail for you." Next time I went in the office girl was all confused ... said something about nobody cleared that with her! LOL

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
What I mean is they've regulated it and legislated it to the point that doctors HAVE to overbook in order to make a good living. So they don't have the ability to leave open enough same-day appointments for people who are newly-sick with acute illnesses. This means they all end up going to the ER and getting crappy care from me. Which I'll admit. ER is crappy care, the doc there doesn't know you, your history, your preferences, your personality and you get the bare minimum necessary to get you patched up and out the door.

I know family doctors who regularly see 40-60 patients per day... on top of seeing patients in the hospital each morning as well.

Can you explain to me how these docs can POSSIBLY provide decent and adequate care to their patients? I don't think they can... period.

If I ever go back to office practice, it'll be cash-only up front with a timer in the room. You've got 15, 30 or 60 minutes of my time, depending on what you've paid for up-front. While I'm there... you have my undivided attention. But don't ask me to deal with your insurance company or paperwork, unless you're making an appointment to come in and do it.

expertzx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What I mean is they've regulated it and legislated it to the point that doctors HAVE to overbook in order to make a good living. So they don't have the ability to leave open enough same-day appointments for people who are newly-sick with acute illnesses. This means they all end up going to the ER and getting crappy care from me. Which I'll admit. ER is crappy care, the doc there doesn't know you, your history, your preferences, your personality and you get the bare minimum necessary to get you patched up and out the door.

I know family doctors who regularly see 40-60 patients per day... on top of seeing patients in the hospital each morning as well.

Can you explain to me how these docs can POSSIBLY provide decent and adequate care to their patients? I don't think they can... period.

If I ever go back to office practice, it'll be cash-only up front with a timer in the room. You've got 15, 30 or 60 minutes of my time, depending on what you've paid for up-front. While I'm there... you have my undivided attention. But don't ask me to deal with your insurance company or paperwork, unless you're making an appointment to come in and do it.

You might as well get out of medicine now, the patient will just find somebody else with less restrictions.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I decided to switch doctors only to have the office help tell me they didn't "allow" patients to move from one doctor to the other inside the practice.

Welcome to the world of no-compete agreements.

You might as well get out of medicine now, the patient will just find somebody else with less restrictions.

I can think of a few people that wouldn't mind those restrictions if it meant that they will get seen at their scheduled appointment and cut the BS.

Latest posts

Top Bottom