Where did you buy your first gun.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1962 at the Army Surplus in Ponca City. .410 H&R single shot. Its still in my safe. The store is still there, and the wood rack is still just inside the door where the gun was at. The son is running the business. I was 11 years old.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is an Army Surplus in Ponca?

MCVay outfitters is the name now. My gun was in the second slot from the right.....Amazing how somebody can remember something from that long ago. I still shoot the .410:D

Back in the day, Cliff Mcvay ran the store and traveled the world hunting. I haven't been in there in years, but there used to be lots of mounts on the wall.

Current owner(son) has a really awesome collection of Shelby GT 500 Mustangs. Some, convertibles.
He lets the High school use them every year for the home coming King/Queen football game.
The store is a Browning dealer.

carleb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
MCVay outfitters is the name now. My gun was in the second slot from the right.....Amazing how somebody can remember something from that long ago. I still shoot the .410:D

Back in the day, Cliff Mcvay ran the store and traveled the world hunting. I haven't been in there in years, but there used to be lots of mounts on the wall.

Current owner(son) has a really awesome collection of Shelby GT 500 Mustangs. Some, convertibles.
He lets the High school use them every year for the home coming King/Queen football game.
The store is a Browning dealer.

I used to live near Ponca City and went to McVay Outfitters all the time. Bought my son a really sweet pre 64 Model 100 Win there. They were good people.

Latest posts

Top Bottom