Who all is waiting for their CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That was about what Mine was.... I think it was like 73 days from the day I got my Finger Prints taken, and left it at the Sheriffs office. When it is time to renew does OSBI Send you a packet?

OSBI just MIGHT send you a post card to let you know you need to get a packet and renew. They are not required to do so. The responsibility is still on the SDA licensee to:
  1. Know when license will expire.
  2. To have a new application in hand 90 days before the date, ready to send in to OSBI with payment.
  3. Start early enough to be able to acquire packet. Currently OSBI is taking up to 6 weeks to send out a packet, after they receive your request for one.

My suggestion is that you put the 90 days + 60 days date on the calendar, in the year in which your license expires, so you don't forget. If you forget, it's not OSBI's problem; it's yours.

okdkranch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just sent in my third set of prints (Creek County). The guy who took the second and 3rd set said they both looked fine to him. Now my Indiana license is expired and if these prints are rejected, it's a trip to OSBI for the next set. They told me that four sets is the record for Creek County and I don't want to beat that!

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just sent in my third set of prints (Creek County). The guy who took the second and 3rd set said they both looked fine to him. Now my Indiana license is expired and if these prints are rejected, it's a trip to OSBI for the next set. They told me that four sets is the record for Creek County and I don't want to beat that!

See if they/OSBI will let you go to Tulsa for the digital prints before making the trip to OKC. I assume you have done the wet ink prints previously and lack the usual bad print outcome predictors. Last I heard, Creek Co. has their digital machine down in the secure portion of the jail and won't let non-inmates enjoy it. The bunch at Tulsa Co. do a lot of prints and do a good job.

SoonerShooter08

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm at about 65 days right now. I'm hoping that I get mine closer to the 70 or so days that some people are seeing rather then the 90+. I did have to submit additional paperwork after already having submitted my application, but I submitted it promptly so I'm hoping there was not too much delay if any due to that fact.

chris kimble

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Just got my letter and called the local SO. My permit is waiting for me, but I cant get over there till tomorrow afternoon......as you can guess this 24 hour wait seems longer than the 70ish days it took to get the letter. Anyway, just thought I'd post an update like I said I would.

Latest posts

Top Bottom