Who all is waiting for their CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bk2X

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
81 days today, went in to Cleveland County SO Feb 18. Finger prints failed in March, so I went up to the OSBI. They weren't very happy with me skipping past the 2nd failure requirement but I have buds in the OSBI that said just come up and we will get it done. I was the only person in the waiting room wanting to do finger prints so not sure why they had a hard time allowing me to get them done on their MUCH better system. The lady at Cleveland County was soo nice but she would touch my finger to ink after every 4th print so they were barely showing up. I have called the SO for the last 3 weeks on Fridays just to make sure since so many have posted about the letter coming 2 weeks after it arrived at SO.

MiKelly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
EVERYONE waiting check this out. I am 98 days out in oklahoma county. I decided to email osbi today and you are going to love this response:

Our records indicate your application was completed on 04/04/09. If you have not received your letter from us you might contact the sheriff's office to verify you have a license there and to see if it is ready for pickup.

Thanks
SDA Unit

Nutz.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I finally received my new card May 8th. I'm glad the wife was home to sign for it. I won't have to mess with a renewal for 10 more years!!

Yeah, going to the post office to pick up certified mail means taking an afternoon off since they open late and close early. The post office has hours that bankers make jokes about...

MiKelly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
picked it up no problem, still no letter, if you are in oklahoma county and its past 90 days just call. Mine has been sitting there for a month and there was probably 50 others with it. first carry will be tonight at church, out to eat afterwards :-)

lsushawn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i'm in the 80 day range and after hearing about so many people not recieving letters with their license waiting on them I went ahead and emailed OSBI tonight. I guess we will see if they chastize me for emailing before 90 days or actually give me some info.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i'm in the 80 day range and after hearing about so many people not recieving letters with their license waiting on them I went ahead and emailed OSBI tonight. I guess we will see if they chastize me for emailing before 90 days or actually give me some info.

This is what i got from them:

Our records indicate your application was receipted on 03/02/09. We are currently processing applications at 60 to 90 days. You should hear from us some time between now and 06/02/09.

Thanks
SDA Unit

Interesting part is I turned it in to the SO on 11 Feb. :homer:

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is what i got from them:

Our records indicate your application was receipted on 03/02/09. We are currently processing applications at 60 to 90 days. You should hear from us some time between now and 06/02/09.

Thanks
SDA Unit

Interesting part is I turned it in to the SO on 11 Feb. :homer:

Also....Mine is a renewal but also an instructor renewal so that's why it had to go through the SO.... Don't ask me to explain that logic....It just IS!

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Call the sherifs office, don't bother the OSBI, by law they have 90 days from the time they receive it, so now they're spending time answering your e-mail rather than working on an actual issues. The OSBI website has that information and if you would read the content of multiple threads on this subject you would know that in general the permit makes it to the SO well before the letter from the OSBI gets to you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom