Windstream...anyone have any experience with them??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PUMPKIN

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
when i had cox they raised the bill every month a buck or two, i called them and they said the internets speed was better so to keep what i had, i had to pay it or i could step down to a slower package. my bill would probably be sky high if i still had cox.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had the 12Mbps internet for a couple of weeks now and haven't had any real issues. The speed seems to fluctuate in the 7-12 Mbps range. It isn't anywhere near the 30 Mbps I was getting with Cox, but alas....Cox isn't available in the area that I moved to.

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sell Cox, Uverse, Dish, DirecTV, HughesNet... Sorry for the bad news, but they all suck. They will all make "mistakes" that make them more money. You'd think that with all the mistakes, some would be in your favor. Never.

Cox is unfortunately the lesser of all the evils. They all cost an arm and a leg, but my experience with Cox has been the best. Fastest, most reliable Internet speeds do it for me. I have Uverse (roommate decision, going back to Cox in 10 days) and I get 6 Mbps of the 18 I pay for.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Windstream is a bunch of idiots.Took me 2 months to get them to hook up internet because the regional service center kept saying they didn't provide service at my address out in the country. Never mind that there were 6 houses on both sides of me all running Windstream for internet. And no local office or number for the local technician.

Finally had to have someone who knew their local service guy set it up through the back channels.

Suckage.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Windstream is a bunch of idiots.Took me 2 months to get them to hook up internet because the regional service center kept saying they didn't provide service at my address out in the country. Never mind that there were 6 houses on both sides of me all running Windstream for internet. And no local office or number for the local technician.

Finally had to have someone who knew their local service guy set it up through the back channels.

Suckage.

Man that does suck. I pretty much had the opposite experience. All I had to do was call, and the tech was there the next day.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel your pain Steve. I've given in to just paying through the nose for Cox but I'll be staying tuned to see what solutions come forward.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I don't have access to Windstream in my area, and I am looking for options for internet and TV.

I live in Shawnee where Allegiance is the cable provider. I have used AT&T, dishnetwork, and Direct tv in the past.

I have been very unhappy with all of them, maybe it's just me, but I don't think so.

Does anyone know a good option for the Shawnee area?

I wish I had the means to start a cable co. to compete with Allegiance. They SUUUUUCK!

Sorry for the rant.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have Windstream at my house with a land line, but just for Internet access - no TV or other packages. I have the basic 3MB deal and am contemplating an upgrade to the 6MB service which is available at my location. However! I've had a really poor connection these past few weeks - the connection would hum along, then suddenly bog down and eventually go away altogether. After 30 or 40 seconds, it would come back, only to crap out again a couple minutes later. It was an intermittent incident, but frequent enough that I got a service tech out to my place. He replaced the modem, tested it, pronounced it good, and left. That evening, the problem returned, so they sent another tech the next business day. This guy assessed the problem, then said - you need a new modem. When I informed him the modem was just a few days old, he fiddled around some more, shrugged his shoulders, and elevated the ticket, then left. Another tech came by a few days later, informing me the problem was in their hub a half mile away, and they were working on it.

That was a week ago. I'm still having issues, so I'm holding off on an upgrade until they get their act together.

VitruvianDoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never had wind stream

Did cox 2 year bundle that supposedly locked in for those two years, they still found ways to raise the price by the ever increasing or addition of fees. My $99 bundle went from $120 a month to $140 over the two years I had it. About the time it was up, UVerse arrived. I am currently doing their U300 + 12 mbs internet and its been great. No extra charge for whole home DVR and everything is just as reliable. Bill currently is $102 a month after discounts and promotions but will go up $15 in may when my promotions end. I plan on dropping the TV package down a level and that will keep my bill where its at.

Latest posts

Top Bottom