10 pro gun myths shot down

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah one of my liberal friends sent me two news links from mother Jones today. The other one was worse bashing the GOP over more lies.

Sent from outer space or somewhere from my mobile device

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of it is based on truth but then the liberal anti-gun slant is put to it. Overall, completely inaccurate and obviously intent on trying to justify his anti-gun agenda.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A recent study looking at 30 years of homicide data in all 50 states found that for every one percent increase in a state's gun ownership rate, there is a nearly one percent increase in its firearm homicide rate.

And a DECREASE in its overall homicide and crime rate. Notice they conveniently left out all BUT gun homicides, and did not distinguish between legitimate defense shootings, suicides, and gun crimes.
Japan has very few gun suicides, but has one of the highest overall suicide rates in the world.
Guess killing is OK for mother jones as long as guns are not involved?

Typical anti-gun doublespeak.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can't argue with the data.
m.motherjones.com_files_ownership_death630.png

Now lets use real data analysis, not a "pretend I see only what I want to see", a) remove anomalies b) observe trends

i57.tinypic.com_2zqt2qs.jpg

Morpheus

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stats like this make me think of sports announcers. They have some weird stastic for everyone and everything. You can always make data support what you want it to lol

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Regarding "myth" # 1; here is a quote from Pete Shields the founder of Handgun Control Inc., which later became the Brady Campaign. I quoted it earlier today in another thread.

This statement was made in the late 1970's.
"I'm convinced that we have to have federal legislation to build on. We're going to have to take one step at a time, and the first step is necessarily -- given the political realities -- going to be very modest. Of course, it's true that politicians will then go home and say, 'This is a great law. The problem is solved.' And it's also true that such statements will tend to defuse the gun-control issue for a time. So then we'll have to strengthen that law, and then again to strengthen that law, and maybe again and again. Right now, though, we'd be satisfied not with half a loaf but with a slice. Our ultimate goal -- total control of handguns in the United States -- is going to take time. My estimate is from seven to ten years. The problem is to slow down the increasing number of handguns sold in this country. The second problem is to get them all registered. And the final problem is to make the possession of all handguns and all handgun ammunition -- except for the military, policemen, licensed security guards, licensed sporting clubs, and licensed gun collectors -- totally illegal."
Now, to be fair, the current official position of the Brady Campaign is not quite so radical, but they still want a lot more restrictions than I and presumably the rest of us here want. And it has been mentioned that this was not due to a change of heart but as a concession to political reality. No; they still want all of our handguns, and EBR's. Never think for a minute that they don't.

Latest posts

Top Bottom