A question for the physics folks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It really doesn't matter because any fall that spans a greater distance than your own height can be fatal. You can die falling off a step ladder, so be careful.

My great uncle died changing a light bulb. He fell off the washing machine. That is a Okie way to go...

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
i157.photobucket.com_albums_t52_m5stingray18_Maths_zpsf3b0f9fe.jpg

There.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
It really doesn't matter because any fall that spans a greater distance than your own height can be fatal. You can die falling off a step ladder, so be careful.

My great uncle died changing a light bulb. He fell off the washing machine. That is a Okie way to go...

You could trip and hit your head on a curb and die. I've jumped out of hay lofts and not broken anything also.

I think the idea with a terminal height (not terminal velocity) is that it's a height at which there is no safe way to land. Even if you land feet first it's gonna kill you.

Falling from 6ft:
i157.photobucket.com_albums_t52_m5stingray18_MoreMaths_zps1c995e63.jpg

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You could trip and hit your head on a curb and die. I've jumped out of hay lofts and not broken anything also.

I think the idea with a terminal height (not terminal velocity) is that it's a height at which there is no safe way to land. Even if you land feet first it's gonna kill you.

Falling from 6ft:
i157.photobucket.com_albums_t52_m5stingray18_MoreMaths_zps1c995e63.jpg

I agree completely. I was just saying that a lot of people do not realize that you can die from even a very short fall. People survive falling 2-3 stores all the time. I knew a guy in high school that had a black belt in ninjitsu and he would jump off the 3rd story balcony at school, land in a roll and walk away. And there are people that trip and fall off a curb and die.

My response was physics-free because I don't do math.

Latest posts

Top Bottom