Are we simply broken?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would also just like to add that someone would have to be pretty naive to think that what "private" insurance carriers are doing does not effect the American taxpayer at least in some way.
I've been trying to figure out how to phrase this very idea. You'd think it'd be in the taxpayer's interests to keep people as healthy as possible for as long as possible. Especially so they are healthy when they transition onto taxpayer funded healthcare

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has any generation felt like the next generation was better than their own? Or that the next generation had better morals, standards, etc?
Possibly; we've just been in such a downhill spiral that it looks like it has been that way forever.

I think the difference is that people used to want to be better than they are/were. Now they don't care.

Snapshot2022

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been trying to figure out how to phrase this very idea. You'd think it'd be in the taxpayer's interests to keep people as healthy as possible for as long as possible. Especially so they are healthy when they transition onto taxpayer funded healthcare
I was also thinking that when the V.A. went from having my anual checkup changed from every six Months to now once a year, maybe if i was still 18 that would be fine but i will be 85 in this coming June.

My thinking is the V.A. does not give a hoot about their older Veterans the one checkup is not costing them much more then the two, they just hope we all die and are off their books sooner.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It d*** sure would NOT include smoking. Over eaters do not effect others other than family. Same with diabetes.

I'm not so sure about that. It was quite a few years ago that I signed up for my Social Security retirement benefits. I was one of about 6 or 8 people in the waiting room of the SS office in Chickasha, and I and an older lady were the last to be helped. All the rest were well overweight, some outright obese, and two were in riding scooters. All of them were there for SS disability. The older lady turned out to be another signing up for her retirement benefits, and she expressed her opinion to me that it was no wonder that SS was going broke.

On another visit, I observed overweight people in the office setting up medical appointments through the government in some way. So, don't tell me that over-eaters don't effect others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The biggest cause of "broken" is kids that grow up without a father. Single mothers are raising kids the best they know how but there is no substitute for a solid man in the kids life.
Thats my opinion anyway

Folks such as Thomas Sowell, Walter E. Williams, and Larry Elder have all stated multiple times that LBJ's social program of welfare is what destroyed the black families. In the '60's, a black child was likely to be in one of 70 percent or more of black families that had both parents in the home. Fast forward to now and that number that has both parents is more like 20 to 30 percent.

Larry Elder even told of a conversation he had with his "formerly" estranged father. During an 8 hour visit with his father, Larry found out that his dad's name of Elder was not because his father's name was Elder. As Larry found out, his dad's mother gave him the last name of just one of the many men she "lived with during her life."

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not so sure about that. It was quite a few years ago that I signed up for my Social Security retirement benefits. I was one of about 6 or 8 people in the waiting room of the SS office in Chickasha, and I and an older lady were the last to be helped. All the rest were well overweight, some outright obese, and two were in riding scooters. All of them were there for SS disability. The older lady turned out to be another signing up for her retirement benefits, and she expressed her opinion to me that it was no wonder that SS was going broke.

On another visit, I observed overweight people in the office setting up medical appointments through the government in some way. So, don't tell me that over-eaters don't effect others.
Yes that is true . Was not putting enough thought into it I guess

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The biggest cause of "broken" is kids that grow up without a father. Single mothers are raising kids the best they know how but there is no substitute for a solid man in the kids life.
Thats my opinion anyway
And the cause of that is the breakdown of the traditional family.

What was it I read the other day? A pro-abortion woman holding a sign that said she'd rather be a murderer than a mother. And there it is. Most young women don't want to be wives and mothers and most young men don't want to do anything but sit on the couch. Most young men certainly don't want to work hard for a family; hell they can't take care of themselves let alone anyone else. There really is no reason to wonder how the kids that haphazardly come out of this situation are so screwed up, depressed, and have to clue about anything despite living in a prosperous nation with opportunities. One thing I notice about watching old TV shows and such was that young people (20-24) were married, now they're not and they are not looking to be either.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And the cause of that is the breakdown of the traditional family.

What was it I read the other day? A pro-abortion woman holding a sign that said she'd rather be a murderer than a mother. And there it is. Most young women don't want to be wives and mothers and most young men don't want to do anything but sit on the couch. Most young men certainly don't want to work hard for a family; hell they can't take care of themselves let alone anyone else. There really is no reason to wonder how the kids that haphazardly come out of this situation are so screwed up, depressed, and have to clue about anything despite living in a prosperous nation with opportunities. One thing I notice about watching old TV shows and such was that young people (20-24) were married, now they're not and they are not looking to be either.
They likely grew up in a single parent house with no father.
You made my point, thanks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom