did I miss something?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bootsbaker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just saw a guy open carrying in Lowes. He didn't look LEO etc he was dressed in a work uniform...
so I guess the question is nov 1 is open carry legal date right? Im not planning on open carry im just curious.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just saw a guy open carrying in Lowes. He didn't look LEO etc he was dressed in a work uniform...

I suspect that happens more often than we might want to believe.

Case in point:

At Academy a while back an older couple who had just bought a Sig P250 asked me what kind of ammo they should get for it while I was scanning the shelves looking for some 22Mag. One thing led to another and the gentleman told me he was glad OK had passed open carry and he was gonna do it as soon as he got a holster for his new gun.

Uhhhhh...
What?

I told him that the law didn't go into effect until Nov 1. He didn't know that. He expressed his appreciation for the heads up.

After a bit more conversation it became apparent the guy and his wife were pretty new to the whole firearms experience. Before we were done talking he and his wife were going to sign up for the CCW course at H&H and get some basic training there as well. I feel like I should call John Hall and ask for a commission on the sale.

Point being - open carry got a lot of press when the legislative battle was on. Lots of folks probably know OC will be legal. Some think it already is and not a few of them don't know squat about firearms.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Other day we was talkin about this topic and 3 guys didnt know you need a permit. I told them but they said, no, they were gonna OC anyway.

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Other day we was talkin about this topic and 3 guys didnt know you need a permit. I told them but they said, no, they were gonna OC anyway.

So is the fine for concealing a firearm without a permit $70 or something under the cost of the ccl? I wonder if that applies to oc? I could see a lot of tickets being handed out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom