Do you still write checks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many checks do you write?

• None

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • 2-3 per year

Votes: 23 20.5%
  • 2-3 per month

Votes: 49 43.8%
  • 2-3 per week

Votes: 19 17.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bilboben

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Certainly one of the more poignant lines in this thread where we document our struggles to keep our heads above water against the rising tide of social change.
yeah, because I remember when I took my little red wagon down the road to the ditch and filled it up, ......... come to think about it, that was just last week

cowgirl23

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only time I write a check is to our roommate. But that has stopped because He wont deposit the check until months later when Im low on money, we mainly use our debt cards.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a bit odd that this came up, I write maybe one check a year but usually none. The only cash I carry is a couple dollars to tip a server bc I never add a tip onto my card.

In the past week I have cut a check to Bud's Guns (to avoid CC fee), huge check to OU for tuition, and for rent. Come to think of it rent is always paid by check but the misses was suppose to take care of that.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I write checks when my wife gives me a blank one. I get my allowance every two weeks, when I run out of that I just sit on the couch with the dog. I use plastic sometimes but always think "what if".

Good Lord, I hope GC doesn't see this ... he only gets allowance once a month ... But then, I only get allowance once a month also ... what's fair's fair.

I used to use plastic ... a lot. Now I write checks or pay cash, mostly pay cash. Day before yesterday I broke down and used my card at Sonic. Fancy little machine at the window said "Approved, printing receipt ...". Girl at window tells me she needs my card as the transaction did not go through and she needs to swipe it again. Nope, nuthing doing ... Manager gets involved. Both of these kids appear to have made it out of high school, just not to have graduated from said high school.

Exchange becomes rather testy as I refuse to hand over my bank card for another "go" at it. A few years back at McDonald's I had this same issue happen and I let them re-swipe my card. A few days later there were no less than a dozen transactions on my bank statement for the same burger and order of fries. Several phone calls to the franchisee's corporate office resulted in me vowing to NEVER darken the door to a McDonald's owned by that franchisee ever again. Anyway, I digress ...

Guess what's showing on my bank account this morning?? Yep ... that's right ... the transaction at Sonic that "didn't go through" ... ARGHHH!!! I get it that the kids believed that the transaction didn't go through. What I don't get is that they thought I should just blindly hand over my card ... I swear, as God is my witness ... No cash in my pocket, no Sonic ...

So ... I will just suck. I can live with that ... GC will be glad to hear this also ... :D

Oh ... and I just got my new boxes of checks Saturday ...

C

comeandtakeit

I write checks for bills. I lose track too easily if I pay online or do auto pay. You won't catch me with a checkbook in any kind of a retail store though.

csiedmond1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I pay like 3 bills with check, the city if Miami charges a $3.75 fee for paying online so I hand deliver them a check and save my $0.47 on the stamp... I also pay with a check at wal-mart...

Latest posts

Top Bottom