Do you still write checks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many checks do you write?

• None

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • 2-3 per year

Votes: 23 20.5%
  • 2-3 per month

Votes: 49 43.8%
  • 2-3 per week

Votes: 19 17.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We're alone in a changing world, redmax. These progressives are gonna be the death of us.

Sometimes I'll see an old farmer in town pay for something with a wad of cash he keeps in the front pocket of his overalls and it makes me smile. I mean, you want your grandpa to be that guy, not the guy who doesn't have cash for a toll. That's no excuse for a grandpa. An America without cash is an America without apple pie, Willie Nelson albums, Chevy Bel Airs, soapbox derbies and blue plate specials.

tRdoc still thinks I'm an elitist privileged hipster-health-nut because I said shopping at Wal-Mart bums me out once. Lawl. My favorite restaurants are dirt cheap and questionably clean, and at my favorite vacation spots, people outnumber teeth. And my diet is horrible. It's just that Wal-Mart is depressing.

I think tRdoc just has his panties in a wad today. ;)

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We pay bills online and use the debit and credit cards almost all the time. I always carry cash for Sonic or whatever, even though they take debit or credit.

There are only a few gubment agencies that will only take cash or checks (or pay extra charges).

SoonerShots

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okay I write about 2-3 a Month ... There are some Banks that don't have check card capibility. I still don't know if the First National Bank of Turley does. As of a couple years ago, my Father-In-Law said they didn't offer check card services. They may by now, I don't know.

PUMPKIN

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cash is nice but, what happens if your at your favorite gun shop and that new 1911 you want is there??? Oh and a nice AR??? Go break open your piggy bank ill be headed to the range with my debit card riding shotgun!!

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What do you do when you get out in the sticks and go to a place that doesn't accept plastic?

People that don't carry cash blow my mind. I got my dad's habit of getting some 20's back whenever you make a deposit (dad hated large bills because people can't change them, and he was afraid he'd spend a 50 as a 5 or a 100 as a 10), and $50-$100 ratholed back in your wallet ...

Oh, I always have some money in cash for these reasons, usually 40 to 60 bucks or so. But I rarely if ever spend it. I just keep it handy and principally use my plastic.

Also deposits are a foreign concept to me. I visit a bank about 4 or 5 times a year.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use 'em all.

Except debit cards. You would be hard pressed to get me to get one of those. My daughter had her's stolen when she was in college. Guys figured out her PIN and went wild.

Little did I know that the bank had linked her card and account to my business account and had put no daily withdraw limit on the card. It was supposed to be as a courtesy to me. They ran thru about 2K before we could stop it.

Yes, the bank made good on it, but still.

I use checks for just about everything. Easier for me to keep track of. End of the year, I just print up a report and give it to my accountant.

I could probably do the same with a debit card, but I hate those things.

Credit cards are OK. I use those quite a bit. Not as much as my wife does, though. I think that she has actually melted a few.

Dave

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have to write a check to pay for my boat slip. It's annoying and I would move to another dock if it was as cheap and they took paypal. I'll probably be moving shortly anyways as I found a dock on Table Rock for the same price as my crappy dock on Keystone.

After being a "customer" using paypal for over 10 years with my credit card never being any kind of problem I recently received a notice that my total purchases were reaching their $10,000 limit and to continue using their services I would now have to also give them my bank account number and access to that account. I guess they now have reason to question my character since all my payments went through as expected, I must be on the edge of shady.

I only will make $753 more purchases from people who take paypal only, then I will purchase elsewhere. They do not need my CC number and my bank account access for anything. Done

Latest posts

Top Bottom