Does anyone eat fruitcake?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ate fruit cake a few times earlier in life that came out of a holiday tin can and it was always dry so for many years I avoided the stuff.

A couple of years ago Wally World had some around Christmas that was sort of in a log shape and pre sliced so we thought we'd give it a try and we really like it.......it's seasonal but is moist and has lots of fruit and nuts in it.

fc.jpeg

Uzi

Marksman
Reaction score
I'd collect and or trade for fruitcakes that were included in some C ration meals in the army.

They made a great snack out in the field on night shift on radio watch. a cup of hot coffee and a canned fruitcake was the best offered.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Melt some butter in a cast iron skillet. Lightly toast both sides of a slice of the said fruit cake. Makes it much better in my opinion!

Hmmm, I wonder if a slice of bacon would elevate this even more? Probably..........

:thumb:

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ate fruit cake a few times earlier in life that came out of a holiday tin can and it was always dry so for many years I avoided the stuff.

A couple of years ago Wally World had some around Christmas that was sort of in a log shape and pre sliced so we thought we'd give it a try and we really like it.......it's seasonal but is moist and has lots of fruit and nuts in it.

View attachment 242714
Yes I like that one too. The round cakes from their bakery are bitter tasting to me. The Claxton fruit cakes are just nasty fruit and goo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom