Does anyone else on the board not like 1911's?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Somewhat interesting... but they need to be shooting the same ammo.

There's also a few "errors" that were operator related. I think the G19 and EMP shoulda passed.

There's no way I'd shoot reloads in that little event and you can see why.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's also a few "errors" that were operator related. I think the G19 and EMP shoulda passed.

There's no way I'd shoot reloads in that little event and you can see why.
Yeah.

I'm curious about the 10-8 pistol... NHC has had a pistol they called a 10-8, but I think Vickers has too... along with a few others.
Gun community doesnt believe in scientific process.
:puppet2::puppet2::puppet2:

I just don't see the point in making sure that they are both "$500" pistols...

The problem with $500 pistols is that, even though they claim to be GI's, they aren't true GI models... now, if you can find me a gun that is true to GI specs, then cool. Maybe if you had somebody that would loan a GI 1911, cool... but I doubt it... and it would be worth far more than $500.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just don't see the point in making sure that they are both "$500" pistols...

The problem with $500 pistols is that, even though they claim to be GI's, they aren't true GI models... now, if you can find me a gun that is true to GI specs, then cool. Maybe if you had somebody that would loan a GI 1911, cool... but I doubt it... and it would be worth far more than $500.

I think he's referring to "production" as opposed to "custom" guns. I could be wrong.

Yer. Doesnt have to be a $500 1911, but both pistols would need to be, roughly, on the same level as far as "upgrades". Now, you look at Les Baer and Nighthawk and I would guess the guns coming out of their shops are pretty much a "factory custom". I could be wrong as I have never strayed from Colt or Springfield.

If one pistol is "Match" quality from the factory, I would say to be accurate, you would need the equivalent on the other side.

tm8634

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know its probably blasphemy to most on here and hope I dont get banned for saying it... but I do not enjoy shooting 1911's at all. I have fired everything from Taurus to SA to Kimber and I think they all feel clunky and uncomfortable(even though the last Kimber I handled was the tightest assembled gun I have ever held) and if I am out with a buddy who has one and he asks if I want to shoot it i'll say no because I honestly have no desire to shoot one.

Just kinda curious if anyone else feels the same or similar on the topic?

LIGHT THE TORCHES EVERYONE AND BRING YOUR OWN PITCHFORKS!!! we will all meet at owen field and go from there:D:D:D... zseese, son what days are you home???:mean::D

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

1:56 in first video malfunction
3:09 ""
3:12 ""
3:46 ""
4:48 mag drop failure
5:12 ""
5:50 ""
6:04 same thing... but it's kinda the shooter's fault (won't count them from now on)

This was all in the first video.... it does appear that it had less problems once it got a couple hundred rounds through it. Not going to bother watching the 2nd video... don't figure there is a need to.

Latest posts

Top Bottom