don't sell that seaside property just yet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess the container was less important in how I was thinking about it. A free floating piece of ice is never fully submerged without some outside force. The density of the ice will determine how much of it is above the surface of the water which is also how the balance of the ice cube displacing the same amount of water as its liquid equivalent would. When the water goes from solid to liquid, its density increases which means the volume it displaces decreases.

School Iceberg Experiment

If the iceberg actually extends all the way to the sea floor, then it is being propped up and that would certainly change what happens as it melts. I would imagine this is the issue we are facing here and probably what you were alluding to by stacking ice on top of what would free float in the glass.

Yeah. I had to go back and edit my post. I originally said it wouldn't cause the water level to rise, but my fingers typed faster than my brain worked.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah. I had to go back and edit my post. I originally said it wouldn't cause the water level to rise, but my fingers typed faster than my brain worked.
I get it. The icebergs building to the point they could actually sit on the sea floor and continue to build occurred to me as I was typing, which made your response actually sink in haha.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
the day that gore said the east and west coast would be under water has come and gone a long time ago. the ice cap has shrunk and expanded a couple of times since then also. it is a cyclical nature.
One of politicians best, and most effective tools to contriol the unwashed masses, is, FEAR! Al Gore OWNS a business that deal in sulfur credits. When a refinery makes a batch of fuel, Gasoline, Diesel Fuel, Home Heating Oil, etc. that must meet government imposed sulfur specks, they can buy, or sell, sulfur credits! example if a tank is lower than the spec. they can use the difference in the next tank, that is over the speck, or they can buy/ or sell, sulfur credits, to, or from Al Gores company! ,And we wonder why he kept getting these sulfur specks lowered?

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
As I've read, the Pacific Ocean is about 20cm higher than the Atlantic Ocean. I guess to the average Californian that extra 8" makes all the difference between annihilation from 'global warming', and not 🤣
Obama bought 5, 10,to 25 MILLION DOLLAR estates after leaving office. 3 of them are beach front estates, in California, Hawaii, and Martha's Vineyard! All these estates are a very few feet above sea level, so I guess he was not very worried about CATISTROFIC COASTAL FLOODING? PRETTY GOOD FOR A POOR COMMUNIST ORGANIZER, DON'T YOU THINK? AND NO ONE BOTHERED TO ASK WHERE ALL THAT MONEY CAME FROM, NOT EVEN THE IRS? WHY WOULDN'T CROOKED POLITICIANS SELL US OUIT TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER, IF NO ONE CARES?

Latest posts

Top Bottom