Empty store shelves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
My grandparents got married in 1933, had three kids by 1939. They said you could get a 50# sack of hominy grits for a nickel, if you could get the nickel. Shortages started in 1929, and continued until about 1946. Seems to me the rationing started in 1941, but I could be wrong.
The rationing was done to insure vital goods to the military were available, during WW2.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is a great question. At this point they could get a second or third job, but the availability of jobs will start to be impacted when people quit buying stuff. I’m afraid we are in a death spiral and not even know it yet.
I don’t know what those on fixed incomes can do if they are unable to work.
Try to sell some of our stuff to pay for the stuff we need. With a little going towards garden supplies. I even found some nice heavy duty tomato cages at Tractor Supply for less than remesh would have cost me for the few we need. So this year I am planning on a Roma tomato, yellow squash, zucchini, and green beans. Will not solve all our problems but it will help.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How are people going to get by with these prices??
And here’s how some will try to make it by.

Rogers County Deputy Arrests, Accuses Woman Of Stealing Gas From Work Site

CLAREMORE, Oklahoma - Rogers County deputies said they caught a woman stealing gas from a county work site Sunday morning.
A deputy on patrol in Claremore spotted the gates of the work site open, so he drove inside and saw a woman with a gas can near a tractor.

The deputy said the woman took off running but was caught.

The deputy reported the suspect smelled like fuel and the tank plug of the tractor had been removed.

The woman, identified as Jessica Martin, told the deputy she was stealing gas because couldn't afford to buy any.

The deputy found marijuana, meth, fentanyl, two full gas cans and tools while searching Martin's car.

Martin was booked into Rogers County jail.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
(Memphis is also a black hole for FedEx.)
Do you know why Memphis is the main hub for FedEx overnight? Its location in the middle of the country and the lack of severe weather that would close the airport for appreciable periods of time. Also, when FedEX was founded, Memphis international Airport was dead between 1 AM and 7 AM--no flights in or out. I know because in 1972, I spent a night at that airport. I had a 7:30 AM flight home but the first bus from NAS Memphis (in Millington, TN) left for the airport at 7:00 AM. I had to take the last bus the night before and wait in the terminal all night. The airport was completely dead...as in "go through his pockets looking for spare change" dead. (With apologies to Miracle Max...)

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's all not really Biden's fault. If inflation or shortages occur and gas is $7 a gallon it will be because of Putin/Ukraine. I now understand this thanks to the never ending MSM soundbites.

Perhaps you think it isn't Biden's fault, but consider this thought. Biden and his administration are the ones talking/ramping up the dialogue that the Russian/Ukrainian war is imminent, so the MSM is buying into anything and everything that they are saying. If they are reporting on anything else, it is that Trump is the equivalent of the Antichrist on Earth. The MSM will NOT report on anything negative about Biden and his administration or other Dems.

Also, don't forget that the Democrats have ALWAYS been against drilling and being energy independent. And, I mean ALWAYS!!!!! They don't even understand that their efforts to reduce our fossil fuel consumption is actually increasing the prices of such products, thus incentivizing the oil companies to "get out there and produce more oil." In other words, they are doing just the opposite of what they think they are doing.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Try to sell some of our stuff to pay for the stuff we need. With a little going towards garden supplies. I even found some nice heavy duty tomato cages at Tractor Supply for less than remesh would have cost me for the few we need. So this year I am planning on a Roma tomato, yellow squash, zucchini, and green beans. Will not solve all our problems but it will help.
Yep love growing tomatoes etc

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And here’s how some will try to make it by.

Rogers County Deputy Arrests, Accuses Woman Of Stealing Gas From Work Site

CLAREMORE, Oklahoma - Rogers County deputies said they caught a woman stealing gas from a county work site Sunday morning.
A deputy on patrol in Claremore spotted the gates of the work site open, so he drove inside and saw a woman with a gas can near a tractor.

The deputy said the woman took off running but was caught.

The deputy reported the suspect smelled like fuel and the tank plug of the tractor had been removed.

The woman, identified as Jessica Martin, told the deputy she was stealing gas because couldn't afford to buy any.

The deputy found marijuana, meth, fentanyl, two full gas cans and tools while searching Martin's car.

Martin was booked into Rogers County jail.
Bought too much MEeTH sell it back

Latest posts

Top Bottom