gear ok for a first time out?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiskeyPapa

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My current carry rig is a S&W SW99 .040, in a Galco leather pancake and galco leather 2 magazine holder, on a gunman 1.5" belt. I have a blade-tech set up coming for my 1911 officer's that I plan to start carrying soon, that I planned to start out with, but it takes a while to get their product. Will the SW99 in the pancake be ok? Kinda stinks having the thumb break, but it is what i have at the moment.

The other option I have but as of right now is a Full size 1911 with a terribly fitting Blackhawk Serpa.

i am trying to make arrangements to get out to Oil Capital this weekend. Planned on having all my ducks in a row, but had no idea the matches started this early. On top of all that I have been traveling quit a bit.

Thanks for any advise ya'll may have for me!

Wes Perkins

okiebertt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you are wanting to shoot IDPA, come on out to Oil Capital. If you have a decent strong side holster and a couple of mags and a pouch, and some type of concealment garment, you are good to go. It doesn't take a lot to get started in IDPA, what you carry will be fine to start with. Do yourself a favor and download the rule book from idpa.com, read it a couple of times, and you will be more ready for your first match.

Latest posts

Top Bottom