Goverment Cheese!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkieGentleman

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It made the BEST grilled cheese sandwich you ever tasted. Put an 1/8" thick slice on thick sliced Wonder bread, put mayo on one slice,smear some government butter on the bread, drop in on to a hot cast iron skillet and brown on both sides, pull off one slice and put fresh picked green leaf lettuce and a slice from a warm garden picked tomato. And then eat the sandwich with some fresh whole milk that was cooled after the milking was done, in a old wooden icebox with a 50 lb block of ice in the top rack. And I was young, pretty, had a head full of hair, ran every where for the pure joy of running and would never grow old.

I think I,m going to go have a drink of whiskey to sooth my soul.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
We have been buying some cheese that tastes just like the old commodity cheese to me.

I think it is the Kraft Deli Deluxe American Cheese.

deliDeluxe.jpg

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We had a winter storm up on the mountain in northern Cali once that was so bad that the CHP closed the roads down at the bottom in the foothills. We had been snowed in up there for weeks. These state people brought in boxes of food to a local community center near us in snowtractors. We were pretty good on stuff still but some things were getting thin so we went ahead and went there and got some supplies. I guess if youve paid taxes since youve been working and you have never asked for anything back then maybe sometimes its ok to get a little help. The box had one of those big huge blocks of cheese in it that is I guess what ya'all are talking about, as well as peanut butter in a can, huge cans of some really good honey, a bunch of other canned goods, plus they gave us huge bags of dry beans, rice, and potatoes. My favorites were the cheese, peanut butter and honey mixed up, and the canned beef stew.

Latest posts

Top Bottom