How do you get motorcycle endorsement on added to Drivers license?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im above 18 and just curious if there was a way to do it without practical test or motorcycle class. I thought at one time if you were over 18 and had drivers license you could just take written test and eye test but cant remember.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm just not for sure because I've been riding since I threw my bicycle down at the age of nine. I'm 61 now and still riding a Harley Davidson Heritage Classic. When they started that stuff I went down at the police station across I240 at about Penn there coming off of I44. I think it's the Highway Patrol Station but can't remember. The lawman asked me how long I'd been riding, when he found out he signed the paper and told me to go get a new license. So I guess I was grandfathered in. Of course I did come riding up on a new Harely Davidson Road King as he was walking in the front door. True story.

Last edited:

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When the powers that be decided to pass that "endorsement' (in reality, just another revenue enhancement), if one could prove at least one year prior experience, one could get the endorsement grandfathered.

That was what, thirty years ago ?

I went in with ten years of back motorcycle registrations, and they stamped the paperwork.

I have no idea how they do it now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom