I have begun to save for a gun.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I actually use an electronic form of ‘envelope saving’. I use quicken for check/bank account ledger. I have some ‘fake’ checks at the first of the chronological list. So they are not seen when looking at current balance etc. I will monthly increase these fake checks by a given amount (ie. Auto Ins 250/month). That way I always have the cash to pay in full when it comes due. Plus I get a little interest on my checking account until it’s used.

The Vig

Marksman
Reaction score
Ally Bank has a bucket system for their savings accounts. You can set up buckets for individual projects and still have the overall balance gaining interest. It's not much but it helps. They are at 3.30% APY right now.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now retired, the company dental and vision went away.
We had an annual benefits meeting at work last week, and one of the topics discussed was the end of vision coverage. The benefits guy (from the insurance broker’s office) said he expects routine vision care coverage to go away, as it’s a terrible business from the insurer’s perspective—basically, the only people who get vision coverage are the people who need it, so you don’t have a pool of “healthy” people paying into the system to cover the costs for the people who get payouts from the system.

Latest posts

Top Bottom