I have begun to save for a gun.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Turned out I was doing DR for a decade before I knew there was a DR.

Although, I do indeed have credit cards. I never got in trouble with those. I use them as charge cards; i.e. pay them off each month.
I was told of DR a few years ago by a friend that I warned about credit cards when we were 20.
He said I have done everything DR said to do.
Yea common sense.
Simple math.

Ally Bank has a bucket system for their savings accounts. You can set up buckets for individual projects and still have the overall balance gaining interest. It's not much but it helps. They are at 3.30% APY right now.

That 3.30% gains then you are taxed on that.
Darn Taxes

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We had an annual benefits meeting at work last week, and one of the topics discussed was the end of vision coverage. The benefits guy (from the insurance broker’s office) said he expects routine vision care coverage to go away, as it’s a terrible business from the insurer’s perspective—basically, the only people who get vision coverage are the people who need it, so you don’t have a pool of “healthy” people paying into the system to cover the costs for the people who get payouts from the system.
I don’t doubt it at all.

Hirschkopf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use a money market mutual fund and anything left over (after investing aggressively for retirement and giving 10% away) for spending on firearms, ammo, and unexpected expenditure bumps. In 2023, my “want list” needs to be shorter thanks to 2022 land and deer feeder acquisitions and the sporting goods purchasing tear I’ve been on since the start of the “damn panic”. May use that version of “envelope” for a H&K SP5 and a nice crossbow. Had to google K43; good luck wished for the OP for finding one at a good price.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whatcha saving for to purchase?
10496051_1.jpg

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I actually use an electronic form of ‘envelope saving’. I use quicken for check/bank account ledger. I have some ‘fake’ checks at the first of the chronological list. So they are not seen when looking at current balance etc. I will monthly increase these fake checks by a given amount (ie. Auto Ins 250/month). That way I always have the cash to pay in full when it comes due. Plus I get a little interest on my checking account until it’s used.

Getting closer to what I need to start being able to make offers.

20230104_204757-2660810-thumb.jpg

I might go put it into a savings account now due to interest actually earning something now. It might be the Nov Tulsa show before I find one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom