Idiot Cyclist on Riverparks Trail with two dogs...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd be careful with that, the OP started the confrontation. From the sounds of it he tried to press his point when it was obvious the guy didn't have the capacity to understand it, sometimes you have to know when to walk away. The kid put his hands on him after he stepped in front of the cyclist to block his path. Not defending the cyclist at all, but I ride, and I carry while I do, some guy gets in my face to make his point when by my account I am minding my own business we will have issues.

This is true, I initiated the confrontation. I stepped in front of the cyclist because I couldn't believe he would insist all he needed was a training collar on the dogs instead of a real leash, and I wanted him to acknowledge the folly of his statement. When the kid put his hand on me, I saw it just wasn't going to happen, and let it go. I would hope, however, if you know you're not being respectful of the rights of others while using a public park, you'd at least apologize and not keep insisting you can control your dogs without a real leash. *Waving remote*

And to Pumpkin, my dogs are the kind walked on a short leash with a pinch collar, and they were in the car during the confrontation :P

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You waited on them at another area and you got in the guys face. The title should be "idiots on river parks trail!!"

Obviously we see this from different perspectives. You're not the guy with the magical leash, are you? :)

It's the waiting on them part that I don't get

I couldn't well chase them on foot because they were really booking it down the trail on their bikes, and I wanted the fellow to realize that maybe he could be more considerate when taking his dogs on a public trail.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I told a guy running with his dog that it needed to be leashed because my Dane wanted to play... he told me to mind my effin business, that he "protected his country"

I later caught up to him, to tell him I wasn't trying to be a d!ck, but to save him from the curse of Bethany PD..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom