Idiot Cyclist on Riverparks Trail with two dogs...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I gotta tell you my man, I would have let the police handle it. The kid does something stupid and all of you pay for it the rest of your lives. It's sounds like they were annoying and distracting, but I gotta go with observe and report.

WWRLD (What would Rush Limbaugh do)

I think I have seen those advertised as electronic or wireless leashes or something of the sort, may be he actually thought he was following the rules, technically anyway.
I never have to put either of my dogs on a leash, nor do they wear collars, but we stay pretty much in my yard. Probably technically illegal, but so far all the local police have ever said is, well nothing.

Last edited:

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmmm... My analysis is this: I understand being upset by these crazy cyclists with their haphazard dog retention skills. However, had this deal went down differently I can see the headlines now. :) You apparently stalked them, then blocked their path when they tried to de-escalate clearly making you the instigator. Frankly, I feel you asked for much more than a hand on the chest and are lucky you didn't get what you asked for. Again, I do understand the getting peeved part and wanting to have your voice heard. I just feel your voice may have been heard more clearly had you approached them differently.

Oddly rekindles the Zimmerman thing! :puppet2:

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just feel your voice may have been heard more clearly had you approached them differently.

I'm curious; how could I have approached them differently? They were already way on down the path by the time I recovered from the shock of them blasting past me from behind, on both sides including the grass shoulder, with no warning. I can't use a phone in a timely manner to call the cops, but I did notice if I drove on up to the next parking lot, I could bring up the issue with the dog owners as they rode through the lot to cross Garnett Road. I did leave my vehicle and stand next to the path with a smile on my face, and there were several cyclists standing in the lot chatting so it wasn't a threatening situation. How else might I have approached the fellow with the loose dogs?

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did you suffer actual damages?

Did their actions directly cause you either physical on monetary harm?

Blocking someone's path in order to "get your point across" is a sure fire way to start a fight. In my opinion; you were begging for an ass kicking. You should be thankful they weren't as obstinate as you seem to be, because it would have been you that instigated the escalation of the incident.

Say your piece, and move on. You intentionally block someone's path in their attempt to leave is the equivalent of turning around and locking a door. You're lucky you didn't get hit square in the face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom