Idiot Cyclist on Riverparks Trail with two dogs...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He... wanted to give the fella a talkin' to. Tell him what an idiot he was.

I didn't quite go so far as to call him that to his face :wink2: I was trying to call him out on being irresponsible. Thanks though, Patrick.

I guess the teen carries his balls in a radio flyer!!

He must, considering he was about as tall as I was and standing next to his dad or buddy who was about my age or a bit younger. Yep.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is true, I initiated the confrontation. I stepped in front of the cyclist because I couldn't believe he would insist all he needed was a training collar on the dogs instead of a real leash, and I wanted him to acknowledge the folly of his statement. When the kid put his hand on me, I saw it just wasn't going to happen, and let it go. I would hope, however, if you know you're not being respectful of the rights of others while using a public park, you'd at least apologize and not keep insisting you can control your dogs without a real leash. *Waving remote*

And to Pumpkin, my dogs are the kind walked on a short leash with a pinch collar, and they were in the car during the confrontation :P

I learned recently I can spend my time, effort, and stress on trying to get idiots to understand they are idiots, but in the end they are still idiots, the only thing that has changed is that they think I am a jerk, and my BP goes sky high. They don't get it, and wont get it, chasing them down isn't the answer, may be noble, but could get you shot also. If they are breaking the law, call the authorities, let them handle it.

If you have driven a car in Tulsa you have easily seen a better example of an idiot than a guy with a wireless leash.

okmic1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd be careful with that, the OP started the confrontation. From the sounds of it he tried to press his point when it was obvious the guy didn't have the capacity to understand it, sometimes you have to know when to walk away. The kid put his hands on him after he stepped in front of the cyclist to block his path. Not defending the cyclist at all, but I ride, and I carry while I do, some guy gets in my face to make his point when by my account I am minding my own business we will have issues.

If your first reaction to mean words is to get physical you probably should leave your gun at home.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I learned recently I can spend my time, effort, and stress on trying to get idiots to understand they are idiots, but in the end they are still idiots, the only thing that has changed is that they think I am a jerk, and my BP goes sky high. They don't get it, and wont get it, chasing them down isn't the answer, may be noble, but could get you shot also. If they are breaking the law, call the authorities, let them handle it.

If you have driven a car in Tulsa you have easily seen a better example of an idiot than a guy with a wireless leash.

By the time I could have gotten to a phone I could use, they'd have been long gone. But it wasn't an issue of legality, rather one of common courtesy and common sense. They may or may not see the point, but if no one calls them on it and gets them to think about it at least for a moment then or later, they definitely will never see the point. Yes, I could have been shot, and people would have called me stupid for starting the whole mess, but if no one steps up...?

Thanks for the constructive comments and alternate viewpoint. I appreciate it.

And yes, I do see plenty of idiocy on the streets of Tulsa, usually involving the use of a cell phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom