Idiot Cyclist on Riverparks Trail with two dogs...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would guess everyone on this board (except been) has had one of those "I'm madder than hell and I'm not going to take it anymore" moments.

By doing what you did you chose to confront someone who more than likely already knew he was in the wrong. 86.73% of the time (pulled that number straight out of my azz) when you confront someone who already knows they are in the wrong, you get anger and beligerence.

The Kid puts his hand on your chest, this concerns your dog, he growls, this concerns the guy, he yanks out a pistol and kills your dog for threatening his kid. Things go bad for stupid reasons real quick. And it happens all the time.

Everyone ends up in court, even if you're in the right, can you prove it? Who'll have the best lawyer? Can you afford all the bs, missed work, lawyers, etc. even if you win, is it worth the dog's life?

High risk, minimal chance of reward.

Law enforcement doesn't like it much when the public tries to enforce the law.

One last time, little things get crazy real quick. And when things get crazy, bad stuff happens, except maybe at a ZZTop concert.

Use your phone, take a picture call the police. they won't be there in time, but you will still be intact. Maybe you videoing will be enough to make the guy think twice.

I remember my son drew back to swat one of his daughters once, Bo (Cocker Spaniel) had grown up around my son, knew him his entire life, if my son had swatted, that dog would have bitten, for the first time ever. Point being, animals are unpredictable.

Last edited:

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Kid puts his hand on your chest, this concerns your dog, he growls, this concerns the guy, he yanks out a pistol and kills your dog for threatening his kid. Things go bad for stupid reasons real quick. And it happens all the time.

I was careful to leave my dogs in the car. As I mentioned above, a cell phone call was / is not an option for me. But I appreciate the constructive criticisms, they do make sense.

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's because of situations like this that I keep the Tulsa non emergency number in my phone.

Unleashed dogs are a danger to themselves or other people / animals. Situations like that aren't worth putting myself in a potentially risky / dangerous / litigious situation. Just call it in and go on your merry way. You can't "convince" people that they are doing something stupid, if they themselves ARE stupid, but you can alert the proper authorities who can put an end to their stupidity.

Stan Upchurch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Todd just carry a couple of leashes and next time inform them of the definition of a leash. A hot collar is a wonderful training device but it is not a leash.

Droberts

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
play paintball regularly and things wont startle you so much, if at all. you'll find yourself being much more cool headed after a few years of it. just my random 0.02$

if it had been me on the trail & a couple bikers flew past me followed by their dogs id have just watched them zip along & wouldn't have given it another thought.

they should have been on a leash yes, but laws aside i'd have been fine with it.

oh yea, if someone chased me down while riding my bike and blocked my path keeping me from moving, i'd have laid them out on their backs in a heartbeat & held them down in an arm bar till the cops arrived to haul them off.

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I like labs, they are one dog breed that never bothered me without leashes. Unless you don't like to be loved by cute puppies. I wouldn't worry too much about no labs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom