Idiot Cyclist on Riverparks Trail with two dogs...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree. This confrontation was pointless and risky. Telling other people what you think they should do rarely turns out well. Right or wrong, I'd have strongly told you to mind your own business and leave me alone. Then I would have enforced that demand. Blocking my path to leave a confrontation is one sure fire way to bring out not so Mr Nice Guy.

stick4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
cdn.memegenerator.net_instances_400x_30651279.jpg

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm curious; how could I have approached them differently? They were already way on down the path by the time I recovered from the shock of them blasting past me from behind, on both sides including the grass shoulder, with no warning. I can't use a phone in a timely manner to call the cops, but I did notice if I drove on up to the next parking lot, I could bring up the issue with the dog owners as they rode through the lot to cross Garnett Road. I did leave my vehicle and stand next to the path with a smile on my face, and there were several cyclists standing in the lot chatting so it wasn't a threatening situation. How else might I have approached the fellow with the loose dogs?

Air Horn? I always carry one. Just for situations like this.

Seriously though. Letting them know your disapproval of their actions is great. Escalating that into a physical confrontation is another. It changes everything about the perception of those watching things unfold. Again, just my opinion though. Unfortunately I'ave been involved in one way or another in way way too many of these things to count. :shocked:

snipes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I choose my battles wisely and this wouldn't be one I'd give two thoughts to.
call the park police if it bothers you that much.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The big question here is, would this had happened had you NOT been carrying?

Who said I was carrying?

As for all the other answers, I can see I'm in the minority when it comes to calling out someone on irresponsible behavior. And again, for those who would have made a phone call - that was, and is, not an option available to me. If you knew me, you'd understand why.

Thanks for the comments, though. It was interesting to see what you folks thought of this incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom