Lankford proposes changing Columbus Day with Juneteenth Day

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I’ve never gotten Presidents’ Day off of work. Before I started working full time, they traded it for MLK day and a draft pick to be named later.

There are currently 10 Federal holidays. Langford claims it cost 600 million per holiday. He didn’t mention how much it cost for him to fly back and forth to OK just to pass nothing but gas in the Senate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tearing down our history. Destroying our monuments. Etc. It's a deliberate ploy to erase our history.

Totalitarian regimes do it in order to remake their conquest after their own image. If we remember the sacrifices of our forebears, then we're more likely to follow their example. Eliminate their example and we'll fall for anything.

You didn't think rioters simply hated a rock in a museum, did you?

For example:
https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/2020/07/nihilism-and-attacks-monuments-john-radzilowski/
"Nihilism and Attacks on Monuments: The signal of a turn toward totalitarianism."

But Columbus isn't our history. He never found what we cal the USA of N. America. He found the Caribbean, S. America, and Central America and he did it for Spain. You want to pay homage to N. American discovery history, we need a day to celebrate Odin or the Siberian people that wanderer throughout the Americas long before.

Says the guy who’s not even registered to vote. News flash, MLK and President’s Day are already holidays that cause 3 day weekends early in the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Federal holidays aren't equal to national holidays. I'd like to see them become national holidays.

Louro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Exactly. They are on track to lose the Senate majority with their continued weakness. If Trump should lose too it will be a disaster for conservatives.

God help us, I will quote Rossie O'Donnell, I'm moving to Canada if the democrats win.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
But Columbus isn't our history. He never found what we cal the USA of N. America. He found the Caribbean, S. America, and Central America and he did it for Spain. You want to pay homage to N. American discovery history, we need a day to celebrate Odin or the Siberian people that wanderer throughout the Americas long before.

Federal holidays aren't equal to national holidays. I'd like to see them become national holidays.
And Pluto ain't a planet either huh?

LOL!

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

You and your ilk are being deliberately obtuse. The war we're fighting has to do with an attack on America's history. If the seditionists erase our history, they can write our future.

This isn't about Columbus. Or Robert E Lee. This is about our national identity.

Yet people like you will excuse the enemy.

Read this article.
https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/2020/07/nihilism-and-attacks-monuments-john-radzilowski/

It has to do with the attacks on our monuments.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You and your ilk are being deliberately obtuse. The war we're fighting has to do with an attack on America's history. If the seditionists erase our history, they can write our future.

This isn't about Columbus. Or Robert E Lee. This is about our national identity.

Yet people like you will excuse the enemy.

Read this article.

It has to do with the attacks on our monuments.

I really don't mean to be obtuse. I just mean to help others by being factual and completely unbiased. Especially this day in age, history cannot be erased. I don't agree with tearing down monuments, but that's not the topic of this thread. The topic is Columbus vs Juneteenth. As Juneteenth is the only holiday relevant to our country, it would make more sense to celebrate it rather than a Spanish achievement. So I guess I'm not completely unbiased in that, I'm pulling for the American holiday in that argument.

Edit: I might be guilty of a little trolling from time to time also, but it's usually obvious to those not in the discussion.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom