LIVE MUSIC in Tulsa area ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huskres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lots of bars in Tulsa have live music - if not every night then quiet often. Check the online schedules of the joints listed to see whose playing when. The Hunt Club has a lot of noise coming from their little patio thing when I pass by lately. Never caught an act there but it's one I didn't see listed in this thread so you might do a scouting mission.

Of Cave's recs, I second The Pistol. When they have a decent show it's a worth going as the crowds are always cool and friendly. I vowed never to go in The Pony again; mainly because the crowd there reminds me of my high school cafeteria. And one of the few times I've been the doorman was wearing capri pants - 'nough said. The Pistol crowds are way friendlier/less-douchey and the staff is usually cool.

One of the only joints in town to regularly feature heavy stuff is The Downtown Lounge (old Deadtown building). I've caught some really good shows and lost a bit of hearing there. Crowd and staff are awesome - but you should note it's certainly not a great place to meet wimmenz - or take a woman unless your certain she's a rocker/punker type.

Deadtown used to bring in some awesome shows years ago when Shawn ran it, Mike did have some decent music come in sometimes as well. Not a fan one bit of the owners now.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Deadtown used to bring in some awesome shows years ago when Shawn ran it, Mike did have some decent music come in sometimes as well. Not a fan one bit of the owners now.

I've heard several people express current sentiments about the current owners and allude to some shady stuff. I'm not a regular - I just go to see bands I've heard about/listen to and want to see - and don't have any business with them other than saying "Hey, can I get a beer?" a few times, so I guess I don't know all the details. PM me if you've got the scoop; I'm nosy. :D

I guess my biggest beef with that place is that the touring band they have booked on a given night doesn't take the stage until gotdamn close to 1:00 a.m. sometimes (in my experiences). Kick the local yokels off the stage after an hour, play the set people came to see, then let the locals play an encore - if they can still stand up.

Cavedweller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've heard several people express current sentiments about the current owners and allude to some shady stuff. I'm not a regular - I just go to see bands I've heard about/listen to and want to see - and don't have any business with them other than saying "Hey, can I get a beer?" a few times, so I guess I don't know all the details. PM me if you've got the scoop; I'm nosy. :D

I guess my biggest beef with that place is that the touring band they have booked on a given night doesn't take the stage until gotdamn close to 1:00 a.m. sometimes (in my experiences). Kick the local yokels off the stage after an hour, play the set people came to see, then let the locals play an encore - if they can still stand up.

I was almost stabbed with a sharp hair picky thing by a Goth chick there. Apparently she didn't appreciate my vocal disdain for the film abortion known as Queen of the Damned, but I digress.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I almost got beat up by 4-5 drunk fat girls at the Cain's once, but I still go there. Can't let that scare you.

They were standing in a circle talking in the bar line. They didn't advance when the counter cleared, so line etiquette says they yielded to me, amirite? I proceeded. The biggest one stopped me in in my tracks with a death grip on my shoulder - like a mother would stop her child from running into traffic. See I'm in the lion's den, diffuse situation with trademark charm. Then come the various jokes about how little I am, how unsneaky I am, how that was a nice try "little dude", etc.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not even little. I'm 5'-11", girl. Back up off this.

Being thought of as "little dude" when I'm as tall/taller than most dudes around probably means I need to work on my angry face because I appear too Casper Milquetoasty.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I almost got beat up by 4-5 drunk fat girls at the Cain's once, but I still go there. Can't let that scare you.

They were standing in a circle talking in the bar line. They didn't advance when the counter cleared, so line etiquette says they yielded to me, amirite? I proceeded. The biggest one stopped me in in my tracks with a death grip on my shoulder - like a mother would stop her child from running into traffic. See I'm in the lion's den, diffuse situation with trademark charm. Then come the various jokes about how little I am, how unsneaky I am, how that was a nice try "little dude", etc.

You just described the rite of passage for every bar go'in boy in Tulsey Town. They's heifers in them hills... don'tcha knowd it.

The only thing missing was them dragging you off the the bathroom, smearing lipstick on you and riding you like a rented mule.

Gots ta be careful out there. You need a wingman.

Latest posts

Top Bottom