Milsurp weapons

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know it just dawned on me that the availability of Milsurp rifles is really good right now. What do you think about buying a couple of Nagants or Enfields, and then going nuts buying relatively cheap and affordable ammo.

Yeah size, bulk, weight, storage would be an issue.... But as I have said before, I don't plan on bugging out. I plan plan on digging in like an Alabama tick and and laying low.

Well? What do you think good idea or not?

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It aint a bad idea. Old battle rifles are proven workhorses made for buggin in. They aint my choice for luggin around though. Even an AR gets heavy during a 12 mile march.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know. I see them on the gun racks, all beat up with rust pockets, etc. and just pass.

I have one 7.7 Jap that has been totally converted to .300 Savage, new stock, etc. Only close relative to a milsurp I have.

pnuner

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are on a really tight budget and don't have anything else, or want some pass out weapons then ok. Of course if you just want one then go for it. They are cool rifles. I used to have a Mosin M44 I think it was (the carbine). Back then they were dirt cheap I think I paid like $60 for it (I had an 03 FFL at the time). Didn't find much use for it and sold it after a little while. I do still have a Yougo SKS I paid $100 for but it's just to have. Like I said they are cool rifles and a bit of history and would work great for serious work IF you didn't have anything else. Now if you came up with an M1 Garand for $100 that would be a totally different story :hyper:

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are on a really tight budget and don't have anything else, or want some pass out weapons then ok. Of course if you just want one then go for it. They are cool rifles. I used to have a Mosin M44 I think it was (the carbine). Back then they were dirt cheap I think I paid like $60 for it (I had an 03 FFL at the time). Didn't find much use for it and sold it after a little while. I do still have a Yougo SKS I paid $100 for but it's just to have. Like I said they are cool rifles and a bit of history and would work great for serious work IF you didn't have anything else. Now if you came up with an M1 Garand for $100 that would be a totally different story :hyper:

I was thinking that back in the day some militaries would conscript any old average "Joe" off the street, hand him a rifle and send him off to fight. They don't take a lot of training to use, and they are fairly self explanatory. My wife, little girl, a friend or two could barricade themselves up with us and we would be ok for firearms.

Latest posts

Top Bottom