Milsurp weapons

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you can afford it, buy a Mauser 24/47 or an M48. They are both plentiful and fairly inexpensive right now. Shoot it next to the Mauser, try to compare each with ease of loading (get stripper clips for each) both with clips, and loose shells.
Compare accuracy. Keep the best performer, sell the loser.
Remember, if you're shooting milsurp ammo for Mauser, Mosin, or Enfield, 99% of it is corrosive, and will RUIN your barrel if not cleaned well immediately after shooting.

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Remember, if you're shooting milsurp ammo for Mauser, Mosin, or Enfield, 99% of it is corrosive, and will RUIN your barrel if not cleaned well immediately after shooting.

this is truth. I keep a bottle of windex with me when I'm shooting the mosin. when I'm done I spray it down then go home and clean it correctly.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yup. it's the ammonia in it that is what is important.

If you have the ability to pick up a couple, why not? they're still pretty cheap. Sure, the sks, mausers, einfleds - they're all out ther. But Mosins are cheap and have incredible knock-down power.

We love shooting our 91/30's hard to pass a good one up at a gun show.

Latest posts

Top Bottom