Oklahoma GOP lawmakers push for guns on campuses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawkman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It would be so incredible to be able to carry on campus. OCU had a "sexual assault" in a dorm about a week ago. Sounds like a pretty safe campus/area to me...

raeken45

Made of wrongthink
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have to wonder what the people against this would think if we wanted to take away their "right" to call campus police or 911. Something tells me they wouldnt be as apt to give that up like they expect us to give up our right to protect ourselves.

Jacob88

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
As a graduate of OU and my wife a doctoral candidate at OU, both legal to carry, I would feel better if I had been able to carry and if she could carry on campus. At this day and age, you just never know... Anything could happen, and with only one armed crazy person, and campus police 5-10min away if correctly alerted to the exact location, so much carnage could occur in very little time... I'd feel safer. If students who were legally allowed to carried did so, I don't think it would cause any problems. After all, most of the school shootings that happen, those shooters aren't legally allowed to carry, so really to them, it doesn't matter.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From the article that Old Fart posted:

Pehound said she would have been much more confident if she had been carrying her gun on an occasion when a male student followed her home on campus after dark.

“It’s my responsibility to take care of myself and my safety,” she said.

Boren and Oklahoma State University President Burns Hargis said they disagree.

“It’s my most serious responsibility,” Boren said. “Nothing comes ahead of the safety of our students and our university family.” Hargis said, “I’m responsible for everybody on that campus. They’re my charge. The current law that gives the president the authority works quite well.”

It would make me giggle like a little girl to see the legislature shove this down their arrogant, pompous, elitist throats.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom