Oklahoma GOP lawmakers push for guns on campuses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Despite fierce opposition from presidents at Oklahoma’s public colleges and universities, a group of Republican legislators is pushing to allow guns on college campuses.

Members of House committees on public safety and on higher education will conduct a joint interim study on the idea Wednesday at the state Capitol. The meeting was requested by state Rep. John Enns of Enid and state Sens. A.J. Griffin of Guthrie and Ralph Shortey of Oklahoma City.

The three are among those in both parties in the Legislature who are strong supporters of expanding gun rights, and similar proposals in previous years have received bipartisan support.

But college presidents have resoundingly opposed the idea and say campuses already are safe and that more guns will jeopardize that safety.

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-gop-lawmakers-push-for-guns-on-campuses/article/5349702

MCVetSteve

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
**** I was supposed to go to that. To the interim study, as not only a concerned citizen, but also as a student who is licensed to carry but then disarmed by an unjust policy as soon as I step onto campus grounds. And some of the lines between OU campus and Norman are a bit ambiguous.

Last edited:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will definitely make an effort tomorrow to send out some emails on this issue.

It is time to let responsible, law-abiding citizens be allowed to contribute to their own safety - and not just rely on the people with a badge who are in all likelihood some minutes away from any emergency situation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom