oyster eaters beware

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I absolutely LOVE raw oysters. Ate three dozen at one sitting back in the day. (There may have been some tequila involved) Dipped into cocktail sauce with enough horseradish to make it almost white. Rockefeller style is extremely tasty. Raw oyster in a high ball glass with vodka and cocktail sauce is a special treat. I can't divulge the name of that cocktail without fear of being permanently banned though. :hey3:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I absolutely LOVE raw oysters. Ate three dozen at one sitting back in the day. (There may have been some tequila involved) Dipped into cocktail sauce with enough horseradish to make it almost white. Rockefeller style is extremely tasty. Raw oyster in a high ball glass with vodka and cocktail sauce is a special treat. I can't divulge the name of that cocktail without fear of being permanently banned though. :hey3:
A brother from another mother.

I think I ate 48 once but like you said a little, spelled (lot), of Tequila might have been involved.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There used to be a fast food seafood place called Arthur Treachers. I got some fried oysters there once. I don't know if that really qualifies as trying oysters since it was just a fast food joint, but I was a poor high school kid working part time, so wasting food was just not do-able. All the same, I couldn't eat them. Nastiest thing I ever tried to eat, you could not get me to try an oyster in any form to this day.

GLGAR

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was in the navy dating my soon to be wife in Baltimore, her mother would often buy a bushel of oysters to be shucked and a few dozen blue crabs. The family firmly believed that whiskey with raw oysters would turn to stone in your stomach causing serious gastric issues. I proved that myth to be false. I've eaten them raw around the world but believe the very best were from Apalachicola bay on Fla's gulf coast and Chincoteagues from the lower Chesapeake.

Latest posts

Top Bottom