Paying to Hang Christmas lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
IMG_6368.jpeg

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yea I have heard of some people spending 1500-2000/ I think this includes custom lights and storage.
There is at least one area in Tulsa that I can say they pay 4-5x that. Huge trees fully wrapped in lights.

Wife and I did our lights yesterday, thankful for the great weather but I would have gladly paid to have it done, maybe next year...

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is at least one area in Tulsa that I can say they pay 4-5x that. Huge trees fully wrapped in lights.

Wife and I did our lights yesterday, thankful for the great weather but I would have gladly paid to have it done, maybe next year...
As an irregular ladder user with a ladder a little too short for the job, going up and down and reaching over my head for a few hours was not easy. I respect anyone doing that all day.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really don't do Christmas. I love what Christmas represents but despise what it's been turned into. I think that's why I like Thanksgiving and Independence Day so much. Low key and a great time to celebrate with family.

My wife, on the other hand, loves everything about every holiday. She spent the day decorating the front porch. I didn't pay her anything. Of course, she has me so that's payment enough...

All I see is a higher electric bill:

Christmas 2023.jpg

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Some people can hang their own and some can’t…maybe too old or invalid or whatever. My neighbor pays for his. He’s 75 and he said he’s done walking on his roof. I don’t blame him and I don’t disparage him or anyone else paying someone to hang lights. I’ll be there someday I bet and so will most here. Guess when you bounce off the sidewalk and become a Tik Tok, you’ll prolly have second thoughts.

Regarding the side hustle, most of the light hangers here are legit landscaping and yard maintenance companies that I’ve seen. Pretty sure they’re licensed and bonded, so lawsuits are a minimum. Something to think about.
I saw one bubba truck and they were sketch.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Christmas to us has never been about trees and lights. A brother-in-law (now passed on) made two plywood cutouts in the shape of snowmen and painted them up. They were maybe 2 feet tall, and I would go out and place the two of them against two front porch brick pillars.

We had a neighbor before moving into the RV that always decorated their house and shrubbery with lights. He told me that he preferred to not decorate, but his wife always insisted. The first time I put out the snowmen, I made it a point to do so while they were outside decorating. I set out the snowmen and stepped back brushing my hands together and said, "Well, that job is done."

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Christmas to us has never been about trees and lights. A brother-in-law (now passed on) made two plywood cutouts in the shape of snowmen and painted them up. They were maybe 2 feet tall, and I would go out and place the two of them against two front porch brick pillars.

We had a neighbor before moving into the RV that always decorated their house and shrubbery with lights. He told me that he preferred to not decorate, but his wife always insisted. The first time I put out the snowmen, I made it a point to do so while they were outside decorating. I set out the snowmen and stepped back brushing my hands together and said, "Well, that job is done."

I bet he had a party when you moved.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bet he had a party when you moved.

Actually, he partied somewhat prior to that. He was the builder of our home, so we bought it from him. They were very good folks. Since he was usually building homes near where he lived, he would have time to mow fairly regularly and ALWAYS mowed our front yard when he mowed his. I did manage on occasion to repay by mowing his when I got to mow mine before he did the job.

Loved that house, and it was also built with 2 by 6 studs instead of 2 by 4's. Very energy efficient.

Latest posts

Top Bottom