Paying to Hang Christmas lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To celebrate the birth of our lord and savior Jesus Christ.

Living further north where there are more hours of darkness really made me appreciate lights.

Ahhh...

...so, how do colored lights and "christmas trees" relate to Jesus Christ?

I'd also think a manger scene would be more appropriate to Him.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife has a guy/Team in out of the Tulsa area that does ours. We have a two story home with a lot of tall peaks and I have no business being on a ladder that high. THey put them up, take down and store them at a warehouse or something during the off season. IF high winds come up and they come off the clips or lights go out they drive all the way to Rural Bristow to fix at no charge. Have no idea what the wife pays for this and I probably don't want to know. In my mind, the house looks great and makes my life safer and easier.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My neighbors all try to compete with each other...spending on average $5K+ each...

I just paid $1K for mine and they look silly compared to the others but I just can't stomach paying any more for a Month of "Decorations" lol

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I'm thinking the money could be better spent donating to a church or local charity for those in need this Christmas but maybe some do that as well. I was talking to a guy last week who is in debt and was crying because he couldn't afford to get his kids anything for Christmas with a foreclosure pending. Lost his job 3 months ago and has another but a lot less pay. Not everyone will be having a Merry Christmas.

dan45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We paid a guy the last 3 years because I can't do ladders or get on a roof.
Not decorating this year. We will be gone more than home over the next few months so we won't be home to enjoy them anyway.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ahhh...

...so, how do colored lights and "christmas trees" relate to Jesus Christ?

I'd also think a manger scene would be more appropriate to Him.
The Christmas tree is evergreen, a symbol of eternal life in Christ, it's triangle shape represents the trinity. Additionally the true cross was made out of conifer wood: cedar, pine and cypress. St. Peter and St. Paul both refer to Christ being hung on a "tree."

Christmas lights represent Christ being the light of the world.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Christmas tree is evergreen, a symbol of eternal life in Christ, it's triangle shape represents the trinity. Additionally the true cross was made out of conifer wood: cedar, pine and cypress. St. Peter and St. Paul both refer to Christ being hung on a "tree."

Christmas lights represent Christ being the light of the world.

Yeppers...

...y'all and your "traditions."

Latest posts

Top Bottom