Poll, Should Teachers Carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Throwing money at education doesn't fix the underlying issue of liberals controlling the curriculum. Money is an excuse of the suck the teacher unions have inbred into eduction. This is evident through post secondary education.
I bet every state has substandard public education, when I visit Salt Lake City, they complain about the same funding issues and teacher shortages that we are seeing here.
When the students are focused on education and not social driven courses , they will excel. This is exactly why home schooled students are far more competent at the stem courses, the courses that actually add value to society. The good teachers have their hands tied and the teacher unions keep the poor educators employed. Money is not the problem, it is an excuse for the ignorant.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Darn right teachers should carry provided they want-for the simple reason a cop can't be everywhere at once and the teacher is there all day long with the students. A teacher properly trained can be of great benefit. Only one problem, the radical and rebellious students they have these days may want to take the gun away for the teacher unless they have it secured somewhere.
But, if no one knows they are carrying we're home safe...I hope. No offense to teachers but the education system is shot anyway except for the students who really want to do well and go on to college.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
There's really no way to prevent that around here other than avoid the conversation lol.

Oh I don't know Henry I am in all sorts of discussions on this forum and the only time I have received a warning is when I spelled **** as shite, Maybe it is because I refrain from name calling!!!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cops make more than a teacher. Some teachers dont make near a living wage.

They made a choice, though. I'm sympathetic with teachers, having had four relatives that were teachers, but even they would have said that if one makes such choices, one needs to live with it or get out of teaching. Or, move to another state.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cops make more than a teacher. Some teachers dont make near a living wage.
Elementary School Teachers Except Special Education $42,340 $56,320
Middle School Teachers Except Special and Career/Technical Education $44,010 $56,630
Secondary School Teachers Except Special and Career/Technical Education $44,210 $58,260

Hourly Wages 1 Adult 1 Adult 1 Child
Living Wage $10.49 $23.08 =48006.4 which is what it would be for a full working year!!!

I don't work a 9 month year!!! I would have to say that is living wage!!!

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Elementary School Teachers Except Special Education $42,340 $56,320
Middle School Teachers Except Special and Career/Technical Education $44,010 $56,630
Secondary School Teachers Except Special and Career/Technical Education $44,210 $58,260

Hourly Wages 1 Adult 1 Adult 1 Child
Living Wage $10.49 $23.08 =48006.4 which is what it would be for a full working year!!!

I don't work a 9 month year!!! I would have to say that is living wage!!!
Yeah that Google foo of yours is rough and it's a lie.
That is not accurate across the state.
But you'll argue so I'm wasting my timenhere

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah yes, one of the more embarrassing conservative ideals..... don't pay your teachers.... that teacher your children. Then wonder why your economy sucks and why you and your politicians aren't smart enough to figure out how to solve your fiscal problems.

LOL, how is that a conservative ideal! A raise was voted down by both parties LOL !!! Look it up, pretty damned easy to do!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom