Pre - emergent for small lawn.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I don't know crabgrass from crab dip but I do know I don't like a yard full of clover that seems to grow a foot tall overnight and has so much water in it that it clogs the mower and it starts growing much sooner than the grass and extends the mowing season and dandelion weeds are just ugly.

A few of the recommendations here are for post emergent application and I would like an inexpensive way to stop it before it starts if possible.

Looking back through the thread it sounds like I need to use Halts and Weed B Gone soon. The MSMA is very expensive.

Last edited:

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
There was some free dairy goats listed in farm & garden last night, they love clover and dandelions plus all the kids in the park would love ya for it.. Ya might even luck out and have some fresh goats milk for a spell..:hey3:
Believe me, I've thought of the goat solution many times. I like a decent looking yard but I hate pushing a mower around in the summer heat.

I now have a neighbor that mows for me to make a few extra bucks so that isn't an issue anymore but the dang clover field seems to need mowing about twice a week to keep from getting out of hand.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Old Phart, make dandelion wine.. If ya don't have enough dandelions you can buy the seed off amazon, man you'd have a colorful lawn and your new goats would love ya for it..

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I finally got this figured out!

Attachments

• 20190707_123850.jpg
    20190707_123850.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 115

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
I just looked at my lawn a little while ago.

It's not good.

My lawn guy broke his leg and can't quite keep up. "It's a jungle out there" is taking on a whole new meaning.

I may need a guide to get to my car.

Latest posts

Top Bottom